Sign in to follow this  
Stearmandriver

MCE 2.6.8.0 Problem - "SimmConnect Missing" error

Hello,

I updated MCE tonight (uninstalled old version, then installed new one), and now receive the following error on MCE startup:

"The program can't start because SimConnect.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

MCE then appears to start, and the MCE first officer will respond to commands, but he won't actually do anything.  Example, I command flaps 5, he responds "flaps 5 selected" but the flap handle never gets moved.

I know for certain that my SimConnect.dll is not missing.  I can see it in the Windows "Add/remove programs" list, and other addons that use it are working correctly (ASN, head tracking software).  Besides, I thought MCE didn't use SimConnect anyway? 

Windows 7 64bit

FSX

FSX correctly set to run as administrator

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Well, I tried to post a screenshot as both a .jpg and a .png and the forum refused to allow it.  So you'll have to take my word for it... but that is the exact error verbiage, quoted above.

Andrew Crowley

Hello,

I updated MCE tonight (uninstalled old version, then installed new one), and now receive the following error on MCE startup:

"The program can't start because SimConnect.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

MCE then appears to start, and the MCE first officer will respond to commands, but he won't actually do anything.  Example, I command flaps 5, he responds "flaps 5 selected" but the flap handle never gets moved.

I know for certain that my SimConnect.dll is not missing.  I can see it in the Windows "Add/remove programs" list, and other addons that use it are working correctly (ASN, head tracking software).  Besides, I thought MCE didn't use SimConnect anyway? 

Windows 7 64bit

FSX

FSX correctly set to run as administrator

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Well, I tried to post a screenshot as both a .jpg and a .png and the forum refused to allow it.  So you'll have to take my word for it... but that is the exact error verbiage, quoted above.

It appears, the latest package has some kind of glitch and now withdrawn.

Website has reverted to previous version, and you just need to re-download and install V2.6.7.84

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

We are confident we'll get to the bottom of it this week and a new package will be uploaded as soon as possible.

We don't normally use Simconnect. But for PMDG 737 NGX and B777 we have to, as they want it that way to connect to their aircraft via their SDK

Meanwhile, here is a zip file that contains some files that have changed since latest release

http://www.multicrewxp.com/New-MCE-files.zip

Download, unzip and read instructions on how to proceed with manual file replacement.

If you can manage to replace all files and run without issue, you're effectively on the latest V2.6.8.0

Feedback welcome.

Installed the previous (now the current) version and replaced all the files in the New-MCE-Files archive. MCE now loads correctly, and the splash screen reports version 2.6.8.0.

It works just like before in the PMDG NGX, though. Almost everything is perfect, but the "Bug up" behavior is the same. On the bug up command, MCE first says "setting speed 215" but sets 234kts. Second time, it sets speed 215. Actual bug up speed was 207.

Settings minimums bug is still glitchy too. Only difference I saw was that MCE first switches from a baro bug to a radio bug, and then still proceeds to set a random, uncommanded value.

I'm not complaining, just trying to help with some detailed testing notes. I really appreciate the effort towards continual improvement, and it's already really a groundbreaking addon as is. Thanks!

Andrew Crowley

Installed the previous (now the current) version and replaced all the files in the New-MCE-Files archive. MCE now loads correctly, and the splash screen reports version 2.6.8.0.

I concur.

Everything is functioning as before at 100%, with every advanced add on aircraft. The NGX runs beautifully again!

I can live with "bug up" issue, I just MEL it and report it to the engineers! ;) The minimums bug can be set by hand so that's no problem.

There is still no other program which permits one to construct flows and checklists that adhere to what one has used/seen in the real world. Oh and covers every new release for free!

Best regards

David.

On the bug up command, MCE first says "setting speed 215" but sets 234kts. Second time, it sets speed 215. Actual bug up speed was 207.

Because it uses FMC_MCDU user input VREF and adds 70 kts for Bug up, don't forget to fill-out that field Flaps/VREF in approach page before takeoff.

I know it's not mandatory to do that immediately as it can wait until you're airborne sometime before descent.

If MCE can't read that VREF, it will revert to default 215.

Will double check to see why you need to make 2 calls to get it.

I assume you replaced "mcpmd73X.dll" in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder. It is the means by which FO reads and sets NGX switches and dials. Latest dll version  is V2.0.3.2

In fact, if you forgot to replace the dll, MCE wouldn't be able to read VREF you may have input into CDU, as that was a new addition (as a direct request to read that specific speed when you call for bug up) to the dll.

In any case we'll have a new package by tomorrow or Friday, that will automatically install all the required files.

Thanks Gerald.

I did replace the mcpm73x.dll file, but I was not setting the approach Vref before takeoff. I'll give that a shot.

Any thoughts on the issue with setting the minimums bug?

I agree with David, this is hands down the best crew plugin available. I don't want to sound like I'm griping, I'm just trying to help with feedback.

Andrew Crowley

Thanks Gerald.

I did replace the mcpm73x.dll file, but I was not setting the approach Vref before takeoff. I'll give that a shot.

Any thoughts on the issue with setting the minimums bug?

I agree with David, this is hands down the best crew plugin available. I don't want to sound like I'm griping, I'm just trying to help with feedback.

Feedback and suggestions for improvements always welcome here.

Someone who flies he same aircraft type often, is more likely to spot overlooked items. Just report them and we'd know where to look immediately.

Let's not forget we are dealing with 36 complex aircraft, and it's impossible to perform a full round of testing for every supported aircraft, every time we make a potentially breaking change in say "mce.exe" or other dlls.

So, yes, bring them on. :smile:

the new "mcpmd73X.dll" should address both issues.

Package now available for download from usual link. Suggest you install it to make sure all required files are in place.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Got a chance to try the "new" 2.6.8.0 (the current version).

I see the same behaviors as before with the PMDG NGX:  the "bug up" command has to be given twice (though the proper speed is then set, Vref40 + 70, matches the "up" bug on the airspeed tape), and setting the decision height bug just results in random behavior.  When given the command "decision height is xxx", MCE switches the reference bug from baro to radio, and sets a random value that's never close to what was requested, then states "minimums set".  I don't think it's a speech recognition issue, because the red text at the top of the screen that shows the command MCE heard indicates the altitude I say.

Thanks...

Andrew Crowley

Got a chance to try the "new" 2.6.8.0 (the current version).

I see the same behaviors as before with the PMDG NGX:  the "bug up" command has to be given twice (though the proper speed is then set, Vref40 + 70, matches the "up" bug on the airspeed tape), and setting the decision height bug just results in random behavior.  When given the command "decision height is xxx", MCE switches the reference bug from baro to radio, and sets a random value that's never close to what was requested, then states "minimums set".  I don't think it's a speech recognition issue, because the red text at the top of the screen that shows the command MCE heard indicates the altitude I say.

Thanks...

OK, will fine tune things and have a patch definitely before the end of next week.

the "bug up" command has to be given twice

Still unsure as to what's causing this. Will need more time.

As for the DH, replacing "mcpmd73X.dll" in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder, should get it sorted.

Download replacement file: http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcpmd73X.zip