Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Demo ran 3 minutes, shut down and said I had used up all my demo time

I spent hours researching this program, watched numerous youtube videos and decided to download the demo.

I successfully installed it, took the voice training twice, and linked it to P3D.

Started the sim, started the demo, started with a default plane and it said some features were disabled.

I chose the ATC window option 2, it worked, but it would not set flaps or anything else, tried another default plane, nothing, selected PMDG 737 NGX, as it started loading MCE shut down, I tried to reopen it and it said my trial time has been used up (It was three minutes used, not three days, and I only opened it once before it expired.

At $66 dollars, US currency I will not buy a product that the demo which lasts for so many flights or three days locks up on the first flight and then tells me the trial is over.

I spent all night in anticipation for a huge disappointment.

Can I reinstall the demo, and retry it, or am I forced to buy it without testing and have issues or be unhappy but stuck with it, or just not buy it period.

I really want to try it.

Aaron Tirrell

I spent hours researching this program, watched numerous youtube videos and decided to download the demo.

I successfully installed it, took the voice training twice, and linked it to P3D.

Started the sim, started the demo, started with a default plane and it said some features were disabled.

I chose the ATC window option 2, it worked, but it would not set flaps or anything else, tried another default plane, nothing, selected PMDG 737 NGX, as it started loading MCE shut down, I tried to reopen it and it said my trial time has been used up (It was three minutes used, not three days, and I only opened it once before it expired.

At $66 dollars, US currency I will not buy a product that the demo which lasts for so many flights or three days locks up on the first flight and then tells me the trial is over.

I spent all night in anticipation for a huge disappointment.

Can I reinstall the demo, and retry it, or am I forced to buy it without testing and have issues or be unhappy but stuck with it, or just not buy it period.

I really want to try it.

Sorry to hear your Demo didn't go smoothly.

It's unfortunate because there was a glitch in the very latest uploaded package, and we now reverted to the previous one.

Just un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel. Then re-download and install V2.6.7.84

http://www.multicrew.../Downloads.html

If locked out of the Demo, you can give it  a miss now, wait until you have a chance to format hard drive and have another go at the Demo later on.

Alternatively, be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with their A320/A321 aircraft. We have produced a separate package for them that doesn't require activation.

Details here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110775-attention-all-bus-drivers/

Now, I take note you're on P3D V3.4.

The Aerosoft specific package is due for an update sometime next month, to bring it up to date with latest changes in MCE, P3D, GSX & AES.

Sorry once again

Hey Aaron, if you already own the Aerosoft Airbus and don't want to wait for the update from Aerosoft.....I would say go for it and grab yourself a full professional copy of MCE!

The version available that runs with the Aerosoft Bus is just superb.

I did a little video on You Tube......

By the way, once you own a full version of MCE, that's it! You don't pay a penny more for every future aircraft implementation...oh and the support goes directly to the programmer, one to one:-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0qJz01RQ1s

cheers

David

Heyn there, thanks, don't have the airbus.

I do have the twin otter

Sorry to hear your Demo didn't go smoothly.

It's unfortunate because there was a glitch in the very latest uploaded package, and we now reverted to the previous one.

Just un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel. Then re-download and install V2.6.7.84

http://www.multicrew.../Downloads.html

If locked out of the Demo, you can give it  a miss now, wait until you have a chance to format hard drive and have another go at the Demo later on.

Alternatively, be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with their A320/A321 aircraft. We have produced a separate package for them that doesn't require activation.

Details here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110775-attention-all-bus-drivers/

Now, I take note you're on P3D V3.4.

The Aerosoft specific package is due for an update sometime next month, to bring it up to date with latest changes in MCE, P3D, GSX & AES.

Sorry once again

Thats the one I had, installed it late last night/early this morning

I am going to try again, but afraid that if it does not work I will not get MCE.

Thank you.

I want to try it, and see that others love it, but it's a lot of money down the drain if it is not what I need.

Not being able to experience the demo scares me from purchasing it.

Aaron Tirrell

Thats the one I had, installed it late last night/early this morning

Until today 14:00 UK time, the wrong package was available for download. Therefore, need to re-download and re-install.

Aerosoft Twin Otter fully supported under both FSX & P3D

I just installed it, and it would not let me run the demo, said my demo had expired.

Aaron Tirrell

My demo has also expired before I even got the chance to try MCE. I completed the various setup steps, but when running MCE for the first time after that, I got the message that the demo had expired.

My demo has also expired before I even got the chance to try MCE. I completed the various setup steps, but when running MCE for the first time after that, I got the message that the demo had expired.

Sorry to hear that.

There are a number of reasons the Demo may not go smoothly.

Not saying this is what you did or suggesting it is wrong, as it's tempting to be fair. :smile:

If user changes time or date out of frustration, hoping to get it going, the opposite will happen. Demo will be locked out immediately.

When things don't go smoothly as expected, do not try to run MCE desperately, as you would just exhaust the number of runs allowed. Better contact support to get it going.

If you have the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with these 2 planes.

We have produced a separate package that doesn't require activation. You just need to own the aircraft, then download your free copy.

It has all the Ultimate features except that it will only run with A320/A321,

The Ultimate Edition supports 36 complex aircraft, including almost all PMDG, all Captain Sim, Quality Wings as well as many other aircraft.

Most heavy hitters are covered.

Took 10+ years to get it to this state.

I'm sorry to say that there appears to be a legitimate issue with premature expiration of the demo. I haven't had the demo installed before, and I didn't try to run it anywhere near the 30 times that would have triggered the expiration. I contacted your support email and got one response that I replied to, but I didn't hear anything further after that. And now it's more than 3 days since I installed the demo, so it would have expired anyway by now.

If there is anything I can do to help you track down the issue with your demo, I'd be happy to help. I'm a software developer myself, so I'm no stranger to tracking down bugs.

I'm sorry to say that there appears to be a legitimate issue with premature expiration of the demo. I haven't had the demo installed before, and I didn't try to run it anywhere near the 30 times that would have triggered the expiration. I contacted your support email and got one response that I replied to, but I didn't hear anything further after that. And now it's more than 3 days since I installed the demo, so it would have expired anyway by now.

If there is anything I can do to help you track down the issue with your demo, I'd be happy to help. I'm a software developer myself, so I'm no stranger to tracking down bugs.

Thanks for the offer.

But for obvious reasons, this (MCE protection) is one area nobody else apart from Ben or Me should know anything about.

There are no clever guys out there cracking software. It's mostly people gaining inside knowledge and coming up with a workaround.

When you have thousands of employees like Microsoft, all it takes is one rogue element who works near the "software activation" department to undo it.

MCE Demo has been going on for years, and it's fairly good at warding off threats.

If it works for the user, Great, if it doesn't, he can try again later after formatting hard drive. 

The main reason for the Demo isn't so much about doubting the ability of our software and hoping for the best. It does work.

It is to deter, say someone whose native language isn't English.

He could buy the software without a Demo, obtain the activation key, then come back later with "the software doesn't understand anything I say" hoping to bully us through the forums so we agree for a refund (after he got his copy activated with no way for us to stop him using it).

How do you go about it? Connect remotely to his PC to check he didn't disconnect microphone? Ask him to get a more powerful PC, a better microphone, or worse suggest he takes English lessons??

Our approach to this is very fair. The short 3 days Demo would allow user to check he has the hardware and software requirements and that MCE reco is working fine on his/her gear.

It would take 3 months or more to check it against 36 supported complex aircraft and 3 ATC systems.

Sorry if that's not the answer you expected, and I didn't mean all the above as a direct reply to you, but rather for anyone else who might stumble into this thread.

just not going to discuss MCE Demo security, even with the Pope himself.  :smile:

I have to say when I was looking at MCE, I had a computer crash and I lost my demo period. But I went ahead and purchased it anyway, I never looked back, it's by far the best bit of software I have ever purchased. And the support you get is the best I have ever had!

Trust me if you buy it your never fly without it :)

Second all of the above.

I never fly my PMDG 747 without a trusty FO and a cheeky Purser !   :smile:

Trust me if you buy it your never fly without it :)

Quite!

Also worth remembering, one purchase gets you all the supported, non native, add on aircraft inclusive in the price, thirty odd aircraft! Oh and any future high definition aircraft supported for free!! The FS Labs Airbus is in the frame for example.

As for functionality, well that's what the demo lets you check. As for myself, I didn't bother with the demo, I just purchased the product.

It does what it says on the tin. If you have any questions the programmer is at the end of an email:-)

Cheers

David