Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Ultimate Traffic 2 + SuperTrafficBoard issues, low traffic, deploy plugin issues?

I'm running p3d v3.4.9 + UT2 2.10 (fall 2016 schedules) + STB v3.4.0.9 (latest)..

Im not seeing a ton of AI traffic and i'm wondering what might be going on.

By seeing, i mean with STB..

My settings in UT2 are:

In Game Settings:

Target Frame Rate = off

Max altitude visible= 9500 ft

Distance to spawn aircraft = 20nm

Number of aircraft =  100

For the Airline traffic i have it at 90% and GA at 30%.. 

In p3d i have the traffic sliders at zero.

When i launch p3d, the ut2services.exe does launch.. 

I get maybe 6-10 ai craft once on the runway, paused.. or unpaused.. if i end task on ut2services.exe the craft do disappear.  

What is a more typical startup situation, how many aircraft given these percentages should I be seeing.. I know it varies based on time of day, but i'm curious what others see.

If I wait about 5 minutes it might grow to 12 or 15 max.

In STB, i also have question marks for the schedules, no actual times are showing up.  I think it has something to do with a STB plugin that might be missing in P3d or rather not communicating..  If i click deploy on the plugin via STB it throws an error. but.. i see it in dll.xml in the users folder:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>STB Sim Plugin</Name>
        <Path>V:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard for Prepar3D V3\STBServer\STBServer.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

I do notice that in ut2, under database management..

I have two selections:

UT2Daily_Official, with this selected i only see GA on the right (checked)

and

UT2Weekly_Official, i see a bunch on the right, all checked 

Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I could be wrong about this but I.dont think that the P3d version of STB is compatible with UT2. UT2 and STB do work correctly in FSX. Check the official STB forum

I could be wrong about this but I.dont think that the P3d version of STB is compatible with UT2. UT2 and STB do work correctly in FSX. Check the official STB forum

According to their site it should be.   edit: i guess not with ut2 as you said.. however, a week ago I had this working perfectly, or so i thought.. i had since messed with some config files and maybe botched something, unsure..

Stb aside, what other method can work to determine the count of AI aircraft loaded into the sim? (Edit: i guess in view, ai craft.. i see the same count as with STB)

UPDATE:  i checked the date/time of the flight i was testing and for some reason it was 8/2013.. i changed that to todays date.. i now see 33 aircraft, though 30 are GA and only about 3 are airlines despite the 90% / 30% setting.   The plugin is showing as connected now as well after double checking the dll.xml and relaunching everything.  If i set GA to 0%, i get about 13 planes to start half of which are still GA for some reason (maybe its pulling a bgl file from somewhere for GA).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

http://supertrafficboard.com/Product.html

Yep,see the note at the bottom of the official product page. There are also threads about this on the STB official message board. You may be able to get it work somehow, but the developer of STB will not provide any support. This is probably because Flight1 does not support the use of UT2 in P3d either. 

http://supertrafficboard.com/Product.html

Yep,see the note at the bottom of the official product page. There are also threads about this on the STB official message board. You may be able to get it work somehow, but the developer of STB will not provide any support. This is probably because Flight1 does not support the use of UT2 in P3d either.

Still, though, others in general have success. I can still see AI listed in the simple but even with GA off in the ut2 tool, it's 90% ga for some reason

Turns out the GA issue was just because i had an extra ] in the simobject.cfg file.. so simple but was hard to track down