Sign in to follow this  
caaront

With MCE do you have to follow checklists, or can you just have the co-pilot help at will

I do not want to have to follow checklists, I want to be able to start a flight on the active runway, and have the co-pilot set flaps, raise flaps, gear, help with autotpilot, arm spoiler, lower gear, set flaps, reverse thrust, etc...

At my descretion, not following set checklists on each and every flight.

I have to ask because the demo lasted 3 minutes for me, shut down and says my demo time has expired, and I do not want to spend $66 US dollars for a program if I can not use it simply to call out a few commands to the co-pilot.

I might like to experience everything it can offer some day, but having broken my neck and not being able to sit for long, I like to just fly, and a co-pilot helping me a little is my main goal.

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

I do not want to have to follow checklists, I want to be able to start a flight on the active runway, and have the co-pilot set flaps, raise flaps, gear, help with autotpilot, arm spoiler, lower gear, set flaps, reverse thrust, etc...

At my descretion, not following set checklists on each and every flight.

I have to ask because the demo lasted 3 minutes for me, shut down and says my demo time has expired, and I do not want to spend $66 US dollars for a program if I can not use it simply to call out a few commands to the co-pilot.

I might like to experience everything it can offer some day, but having broken my neck and not being able to sit for long, I like to just fly, and a co-pilot helping me a little is my main goal.

Thank you.

I just replied to your previous post.

Assuming you re-download and install V2.6.7.84, should be good to go with PMDG NGX and many other aircraft.

We don't have a timer running in the background dictating what you're expected to do and when. That wouldn't be fun at all.

Instead, we aim higher. A completely interactive experience with FO. You call the shots in any order and at the time it suits you.

We give our virtual co-pilots their type rating for the supported aircraft so they know how to handle various switches on request. And we educate them about the Dos and Don'ts of good airmanship, so they won't do anything silly because a speech command like "shutdown all engines" has been recognized by accident.

They'll want confirmation for everything critical before they proceed with the command.

It's then up to you to make the most of it.

You could just fly as you're used to and only request the odd flaps setting or MCP heading, speed, alt dialed. And you can even correct the command on the fly.

You could ask for a checklist anytime, even twice, or ignore that aspect completely.

You can even create your own voice commands, which when triggered, will get the FO to perform a chain of actions in the order and pace you desire.

Something like "I want you to set me up for takeoff", then teach him what you mean by that. He'd typically execute a flow which is a sequence of commands you would otherwise give individually"

FO will always be in synch with flight phase.

The beauty is that you can do all of that with MCE running outside the simulator process. That means no instructions such as "reduce settings sliders to accommodate speech engine", because we run the latter inside "mce.exe" NOT "fsx.exe" or "Prepar3D.exe"

Thank you, sounds like this might be just what I was longing for.

Thank you.

Which p3d default aircraft can I load to experience MCE with?

Also I don't use ATC, and could not get the ATC shut off.

Will you ever integrate with the Carenado P 210?

Aaron Tirrell

Thank you, sounds like this might be just what I was longing for.

Thank you.

Which p3d default aircraft can I load to experience MCE with?

Also I don't use ATC, and could not get the ATC shut off.

Will you ever integrate with the Carenado P 210?

You can just disable the "Talk to ATC controllers" feature. 

There is something often misunderstood with regards supported aircraft.

In addition to the 36 heavies MCE was specifically coded for, the Ultimate Edition supports all default P3D aircraft AND any aircraft that is built with compliance to FSX or P3D SDK.

MCE should load with ANY aircraft. 

What varies is the level of assistance you'll get from FO.

With fully supported aircraft, you can expect him to handle 85% of the cockpit switches, either via direct commands or using flows triggered by custom commands.

It would typically interact with complex aircraft via one of the dlls in \Flight sim folder\MCE dlls\ folder.

Non-supported aircraft like Carenado P 210 would be interfaced as if they were default aircraft. Using "mcgeneric.dll"

If the aircraft systems are tied to default FSX/P3D variables, FO will handle them without us doing anything special.

From experience, you can assume FO will handle these items on ANY aircraft

Gear and flaps (sometimes need to send "aircraft.cfg" for the aircraft in order to get the flaps going)

Parking brake, spoilers and sometime trims

VHF, NAV, ADF and Transponder dialing.

The odd external light switch, and sometimes even dial speed, heading and altitude.

You might discover it actually works with all light aircraft and you won't see any mention of that on our website.

We only list the heavies with which we spent an average 3 months on each to interface complex overhead and autopilot panels.

That includes providing a virtual flight engineer where necessary.

We don't consider most Carenado aircraft worth multi-crewing (after all they are flown solo in the real world) except maybe for King Air class of aircraft.

That would be the minimum before considering ad-hoc interfacing.

, I like to just fly, and a co-pilot helping me a little is my main goal.

That's exactly what MCE can do. Perfect for all the native P3d/FSX aircraft. No need to use any flows/check lists if you don't care to. Although we are talking seriously accurate interaction if you do!

However, if you ever become interested in VR headsets, whereby you can not "see" your keyboard/flight controls, its possible to have voice interaction do everything for you. Just say it and you can do it! :-)

The next step is what Clint Eastwood had in Firefox.......LOL ;)

Cheers

David

• Upvote 1

I found a very simple program and it works great with any program or computer app.

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

Okay, might bite the bullet, worried about the demo locking me out after 3 minutes though.

If there are any issues after I purchase it, is the support top notch?

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell