Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Anyone try DWVAC voice activated commands?

It is here:

http://www.dwvac.com/index.html

Having broken my neck I cannot sit long enough to get into systems and checklists, etc, bu the time I get an aircraft started by the numbers I am hurting too much to continue.

Its the same with ATC, SOP's, etc.

When I sit at the sim I need to start flying, and this might be the way to go for me.

I only want to fly, while I physically can manage my pain, and having a virtual co-pilot to fulfill a few basic commands such as set flaps, gear, etc would be nice.

Please let me know what you think.

Aaron Tirrell

I use it every flight to control ATC programs but you can easily set it up to send any FSX/P3D keypress.

Great software.

• Upvote 1

I am also using DWVAC to the utmost satisfaction. I use it mainly for ATC communication (I use PF3).

But when it comes to a virtual first officer you might also want to look at FS2Crew and Multi Crew Experience.

I am also using DWVAC to the utmost satisfaction. I use it mainly for ATC communication (I use PF3).

But when it comes to a virtual first officer you might also want to look at FS2Crew and Multi Crew Experience.

FS2C is way to complex for me, I cannot sit through the pain setting everything up and following SOP's, I need to fly and want only basic commands.

MCE seems to have what I want, the abilty to keep it simple, and progress to more complex stuff as I want, but the demo locked down on me in just 3 minutes and I did not get to have a single command answered, except for option 2 in the ATC window.

I want to simply say "flaps 5" "Raise gear."

etc...

Thank you.

So would I basically just set it to use the phrase "Gear up/down" to activate the key press of G?

Aaron Tirrell

So would I basically just set it to use the phrase "Gear up/down" to activate the key press of G?

That's it, and the best part is VAC allows the use of as many phrases as you want for each command so you have some variation.

Do I have to set it to each aircraft seperately or can I just make it very generic and it work across the board?

Just downloaded it for trial, wish me the best.

Aaron Tirrell

Well for the standard key commands that are common to all aircraft one script will do.

best thing to do is download it and the FSX profile that is available in the forum and have a play with it.

Okay, did not see the last post until now.

I set it for gear up/down with the g-key, profile as Prepar3d and it opened p3d, I tested the phrases, closed the builder, opened the system, started p3d and it recognized it, the mic showed, the profile showed, VAC was green, I took off and said gear up, the voice repeated gear up, but the gear did not raise.

I will check out the fsx profile.

Will I install the fsx profile and just point it to the p3d.exe?

leave it named fsx, or rename it P3D?

I think this will be very simple once I actually get it to perform the command, I am a little lost there, but actually hearing the VAC in p3d gives me hope.

Well for the standard key commands that are common to all aircraft one script will do.

best thing to do is download it and the FSX profile that is available in the forum and have a play with it.

Downloaded it but I cannot open the file, it says it is invalid.

Aaron Tirrell

Please help me guys.

I downloaded the demo and installed it, after many mistakes here is what I did:

Created a profile- Prepar3D

Created an action called- Gear up 

and left the activation phrase as gear up, 

then created another action called- Gear down

and left the  activation phrase as gear down.

In the character box for both actions I put- g

It is the P3D keyboard command for gear up/down.

I put a small g because I figure a capital G would have to have the qualifier key of shift, and I don't know what happens if you hit shift and g in the sim, but it would not raise or lower the gear.

I left the command list named as- Command 1

I used the bullet sound for the success sound for both actions

and then tested the phrase,

"Gear up" or Gear down" both brought on the bullet sound and the computer voice repeating "Gear up" or "Gear down"

Also the text that showed also showed that g was the character to be used.

I opened a notepad file and maximized it and said "Gear up" I heard the bullet and the voice say "Gear up" and notepad typed a- g on it's own,

same results when I said "Gear down"

I almost wet myself with excitement.

I started P3D, and VAC system, and opened the P3D profile, noted the "P" show beside the little mic, then turned on VAC, and the other symbol showed up.

I then took off from the runway, said "Gear up", and heard the bullet whiz by and the voice repeat "Gear up" but the gear stayed down.

I noticed in my Documents folder that there was a VAC folder containing a profile folder, which contains a Prepar3D.xml folder,

does it stay there, or does it go into the folder at C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3?

I know I have to be getting close, and if anyone can help me figure it out you will make me happier than a dead pig in the sunshine.

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

I am a dummy, the mic was set too high-boost and volume.

Works great, all I need to do tomorrow is set up a few more voice controls, woo hoo!

Video in an hour or two.

Aaron Tirrell

Posted Yesterday, 05:02 PM

Please help me guys.

I downloaded the demo and installed it, after many mistakes here is what I did:

Created a profile- Prepar3D

Created an action called- Gear up

and left the activation phrase as gear up,

then created another action called- Gear down

and left the activation phrase as gear down.

In the character box for both actions I put- g

It is the P3D keyboard command for gear up/down.

I put a small g because I figure a capital G would have to have the qualifier key of shift, and I don't know what happens if you hit shift and g in the sim, but it would not raise or lower the gear.

I left the command list named as- Command 1

I used the bullet sound for the success sound for both actions

and then tested the phrase,

"Gear up" or Gear down" both brought on the bullet sound and the computer voice repeating "Gear up" or "Gear down"

Also the text that showed also showed that g was the character to be used.

I opened a notepad file and maximized it and said "Gear up" I heard the bullet and the voice say "Gear up" and notepad typed a- g on it's own,

same results when I said "Gear down"

I almost wet myself with excitement.

I started P3D, and VAC system, and opened the P3D profile, noted the "P" show beside the little mic, then turned on VAC, and the other symbol showed up.

I then took off from the runway, said "Gear up", and heard the bullet whiz by and the voice repeat "Gear up" but the gear stayed down.

I noticed in my Documents folder that there was a VAC folder containing a profile folder, which contains a Prepar3D.xml folder,

does it stay there, or does it go into the folder at C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3?

I know I have to be getting close, and if anyone can help me figure it out you will make me happier than a dead pig in the sunshine.

Thank you.

I thought you wanted something simple...LOL.

You should give MCE another go. All those basic commands are pre-installed.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

LOL, thank you.

I may, just can't right now.

I do think it would be cool to have a more personal co-pilot there with me.

Not getting to use the demo was sad, but I know there are many happy users and I would be too.

How is the support if there were any problems?

My basic concern is that I may not be able to use MCE in all my planes, but it is my understanding that if MCE is not fully set up for a certain payware, or whatever airplasne that it will still do basic features like flaps, gear, spoilers, autopilot, etc...?

There are profiles for the thing I found, but not having luck with them so just ssetting it up manually.

One thing though, it makes any program think you just typed a key or combination of keys, with any command you want to say, so you can play any game, or even run your media player, type a resume or letter, by voice only.

But, I am still considering MCE for the fun factor of having a personable co-pilot in the plane.

I can actuslly record my wife saying the responses, but that is something for a later date.

Aaron Tirrell

I bought MCE and love it, I also love VAC.

VAC will open up other games for me, like Call of Duty.

I tried it and loved it but could not use the keyboard to walk around, etc, and using a 360 type controller is way bad, lol, especially the thumb gimbles, I am all over the place.

Aaron Tirrell