Sign in to follow this  
TigerJones

Loading Flightplan into PMDG B777 with P3D 3.4

Hello,

I am creating the flightplan with EFB and saving it into / lockheed martin / prepar3d v3 / PMDG/flightplans / 777.

I checked. The flightplans are there.

But the FMC does not find them.

Neither with "Route request" nor Co Route.

What is wrong? Was the format changed with P3D 3.4?

rgds

Harry Forstner

What is wrong? Was the format changed with P3D 3.4?

Nope, but it uses a different format than PMDG products.  The pln file is for the simulator, the rte files are for PMDG.  The 777 has a feature that copies the plan from the FMS into P3D, described in the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are the route files saved as .rte format?

Yes, all .rte

Harry Forstner

Nope, but it uses a different format than PMDG products.  The pln file is for the simulator, the rte files are for PMDG.  The 777 has a feature that copies the plan from the FMS into P3D, described in the Introduction document.

PMDG does not find the .rte files But they are present.

PMDG does not find the .rte files But they are present.

I think this may be a known issue (I'd have to check when I get home), but it could also be because of a registry error. Are you using the EMT?

Kyle Rodgers

I think this may be a known issue (I'd have to check when I get home), but it could also be because of a registry error. Are you using the EMT?

No. What is EMT?   For planning I use EFB Electronic Flight Bag)

No. What is EMT?   For planning I use EFB Electronic Flight Bag)

The fact that you don't know what it is, is a very good thing.

In this case, it may be a known issue with how the 777 is looking for the data.

Kyle Rodgers

The fact that you don't know what it is, is a very good thing.

In this case, it may be a known issue with how the 777 is looking for the data.

So what is EMT ? :-)

In the meantime I created a flightplan with PFPX, but got the same result..

rgds

Harry Forstner

Harry, I'm not sure what the bug is but I have never had a problem with importing flightplans. I use PFPX almost daily for this purpose.

The 777 is going to look for .rte files in the \PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS or \PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 folders.  You say that you have rte files but never confirmed where you were looking.

A typical file name is the ICAO for departure and arrival and maybe a couple numeric digits, such as KLAXKJFK00.rte.  Try entering the COROUTE name into the FMC ROUTE page of a file you know exists in the 777 folder.

Try creating a flight plan in the FMS and SAVE it... then confirm that it is saved to the 777 folder.

Not sure any of this will help, but it is odd that you are having problems. What is the full path for your P3D installation?

Dan Downs KCRP

So what is EMT ? :-)

A tool used to screw with your computer's registry. I'd strongly advise against using it (or attempting to).

In the meantime I created a flightplan with PFPX, but got the same result..

Try saving a flight from the 777 (create the route manually and then save it). Check to see if it saves to the folder. If it's gone later, then it's probably a permissions issue.

Kyle Rodgers

1. The 777 is going to look for .rte files in the \PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS or \PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 folders.  You say that you have rte files but never confirmed where you were looking.

2. A typical file name is the ICAO for departure and arrival and maybe a couple numeric digits, such as KLAXKJFK00.rte.  Try entering the COROUTE name into the FMC ROUTE page of a file you know exists in the 777 folder.

Try creating a flight plan in the FMS and SAVE it... then confirm that it is saved to the 777 folder.

Not sure any of this will help, but it is odd that you are having problems. What is the full path for your P3D installation?

Please look at my first post:

I am creating the flightplan with EFB and saving it into / lockheed martin / prepar3d v3 / PMDG / flightplans / 777.

I checked. The flightplans are there.

--------------------

I found it !!

A.   There is a path c:\ lockheed martin \ PMDG \ flightplans \ 777

and

B   c:\ lockheed martin \ Prepar3D v3 \PMDG \ flightplans \ 777   ->> which is wrong

I copied the routes to the A path and now they can be found!

Thanks for your patience

rgds

Harry

Fantastic... something like that is hard to see but once you saw it: Bingo!

Dan Downs KCRP