Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

Feelthere Ejets FMS Radio Question

This may be a dumb question but I couldn't find the info in the manual.  When programming the FMS, the radio screen is set to "FMS auto" for both NAV1 and NAV2 unless I manually put in a frequency.  

1)  What specifically does FMS auto mean?  Even if I plug in a frequency manually, when I use VNAV/LNAV it still runs off of the FMS.  Does it just mean it's going to show and autotune the closest VOR freq on my route?

2)  Once I do put in a frequency manually, how do I get that NAV radio to go back to FMS auto (even though I'm not sure what exactly it means)?

3)  How do I pull up the NAV2 radio on the PFD?  

Thanks!

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I think as you say it just automatically tunes to the next VOR on your FMS planned route. 

I don't ever touch it except when inputting the NAV1 freq for an ILS approach.  I tune it while still out of range and leave it active for NAV1.  

Not sure why you would want to mess with the NAV freq other than ILS. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1. When enroute, autotune will select a nearby vor for that nav for something for your rmi to point to. However, if you have an ILS approach in the flightplan and a course previewed, autotune will automatically tune that ILS frequency when in the terminal area.

2. Delete the nav id in the progress page.

3. You go to a settings page in the mcdu to change which radios are displayed for pfd tuning. Not sure if this is modelled here. Never tried it.

Thanks for the answers.  The only time i usually change it is if it has me climb out on a specific VOR radial before joining the rest of my flightplan.  I'll tune up the VOR and head out and switch to LNAV once I'm on course toward the next fix.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram