Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

I Heard A Beautiful Thing Today

Folks in the Prepar3D forum probably have picked up that I started real-world flight training this spring. I travel a lot for work, and between that and weather and mechanical scrubs and working with a number of CFIs early (until I found one that was the ideal fit in personality and schedule) it's taken me about seven months to get in 18 hours of work.

Along the way I didn't get my medical and am waiting for my exemption to work it's way through the FAA. In the meantime we're just hitting the curriculum and knowing we can fly the solo stuff when the time (and exemption) comes. 

So I was very happy today when after an hour of pattern work my CFI said, "If you had your medical I'd solo you today." Music to my ears and such a great boost of confidence. Now onward and upward ...

• Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Congratulations!

I remember when I finally got my medical my CFI had me solo that same day.  Its a great feeling.  3 takeoff with full stop landings and taxi back.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your passion through your videos which I enjoy very much.

JJ

Congratulations, Sir!

I'm looking forward to solo'ing in gliders sometime in the future, I've just done my first winch launch with myself in control (posted in Hangar Chat). At the moment I cannot afford powered aviation.

All the best!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the support. I'm having a great time in both the simulated and real avaition worlds.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations! Many more such good feelings on the way.. Your first Solo and then your first cross country... and when you land at the first airport and you walk to the FBO, you would be walking 3 feet in the air with a grin on your face that you cannot remove for days... :)

I got my ticket in 1962 ( yes I am old!!!) and I can still remember the day I soloed. My CFI and I had done some pattern work and we had just exited the runway when he told me to stop. He then opened the door and jumped out and said - go fly a few by yourself! Even as I type this many years later, I can STILL feel the adrenaline rush and the "Oh XXXX" thoughts that flew through my head.

You have a lot to look forward to - enjoy every minute of it!!

Vic

That's awesome Vic, and thanks. We are still waiting for the FAA but moving forward. Beginning the cross country work. Flew laps in a Delta airspace last week and thanks to PilotEdge I nailed the radio work. I'm loving it all.