Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

777 Activation Issues

Something went wrong all of a sudden.  When loading FSX it says

The game needs to be connected to the Internet to activate... Enter Activation code to the game.

It never says what activation Code.  I entered FSX code and is says PMDG777 code is not valid.  So I enter PMDG activation code and it fails and FSX quits. It says unable to validate contact PMDG for support.

This computer is for FSX only and no firewalls or any other changes or virus can be on it as I don't use for the internet.

Any clues what to do?

Paul Gugliotta

needs to be connected to the Internet to activate

don't use for the internet

I believe you need to be connected to the internet. Has FSX and the PMDG 777 both been used before?

<p>I am connected to the internet.  Yes, I had PMDG 777 from the day it was released.  Everything was fine for 3 years.  Now all of a sudden it is asking for Activation Code.   I put it in and says not valid and FSX just crashes.  I can't even load in a default plane now.  Why won't my activation code work  (I entered it with dashes and without dashes - same result)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Update:  Activation code finally worked but the 777 is dead, I can't click on any buttons or switches.  I re-loaded FSX and it still asks for activation code.  I do enter it and says successfully took the code, yet no buttons are clickable.  Default Cessna works great.  I try switching to another plane and FSX crashes.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Did the 777 just get corrupt? or did FSX get corrupt.</p>

<p> </p>

Paul Gugliotta

Pasting it in, and you copying the correct one in since previous users tried to use the incorrect version eg the -300 instaead of the -200 series

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Any clues what to do?

Windows has been getting updates that have been messing with the activation function. Based on the timing of your post, though, it was probably compounded by a nice unfortunate coincidence where our activation server was being unruly. Try again now.

All the same, with something this specifically technically related, it would probably be best to come directly to us to have a look at it. Support is linked in my signature, below.

Kyle Rodgers

But what kills me is it is asking for the activation code right up front.  I put the activation code in - It accepts it,  FSX loads the 777 - but the 777 is dead, I choose another plane and FSX crashes immediately.  So right now I can't even use FSX.

I put a ticket in.

I have 5 options,

1.   try deleting PMDG 777 and re-load - not too bad

2.  if that doesn't work, re-install FSX with all my airports, ASN, UT,  getting all the controllers to work - I mean it'll be weeks!!

3.  Forget everything and buy a new high end computer ~$4500 and have them install FSX, and all PMDG products in FSX

4.  Buy new computer and switch over to Prepare3D (which I know NOTHING about) and try to get the PMDG 777 loaded in that.

5. Just kill myself and end my misery now.

Paul Gugliotta

Your best option is to wait to hear from product support in response to your ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

Stupid question.  How do they contact me?  Via email or personal message in this Board?

Paul Gugliotta

Via email or personal message in this Board?

Via the email you used when you signed up in the ticket system.

Sounds like FlexNET got disabled on your system. Try this:

Start Menu > Run

Type Services.msc and hit enter

Find FlexNet in the list and ensure it's set to manual

Kyle Rodgers

OK the license / activation issue was resolved.  It seemed my battery on the motherboard died.  I started betting boot disk errors.  I'd re-set the sequence in BIOS but it reverted to another disk.  Someone told me to check the battery on the mother board.  It was a  3v showing .1volts.  I swapped the battery and the computer time and date were way off.   With the new battery and correct date/time, FSX started up and the PMDG777came alive and flew with no issues.  Let's see if this fix is permanent.

Paul Gugliotta

I have had issues with Microsoft Windows 7 / 32-bit repeatedlly.  As a result, I have had support reactivate my PMDG 777 license a couple of times since the operating system would not give me access to the desktop and launch FSX to get to my 777 and return the license.  I then grew frustrated where I was forced to install Microsoft Windows 7 / 64-bit which is said to be more stable and my system could handle.  However, because of the previous crash, my PMDG 777 license needs to be reactivated so that I can launch the craft and use it.  I then posted an open ticket to the support staff and as of date, they haven't even looked at it.  I am posting here to bring my request to the forum and maybe have someone look at my open ticket and allow for my license to be reactivated so that I can use the product.

If there is any need for you to contact me and/or need any further information, please do not hessitate to email at: Izzydee84@aol.com

Thanking you in advance,

Israel

Customer