Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

ATC Airspace and AFCAD

Hi

I notice in the manual that you set the radius in nm for each ATC controller airspace. Any plans to implement real world airspace boundaries or at least have the somewhat outdated airspace from within FSx P3D that default ATC uses?

Does Pilot2ATC read the airport AFCAD file for its use of communication freq? If so I guess I could manually update Towers, UNICOMS, CTAF etc in the AFCAD? 

Mike   

Real ATC boundaries are on the list of future enhancements, but not in development yet.

For ATC Controller frequencies, you can add, edit and delete them in the current version on the Info panel.  See the user guide p.47. 

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Can you tell us what is the source from which you have build the current frequency list in P2A database?

Thanks

The hidden question behind: is there a way to use the same ATC center frequencies than Fsx or P3D and keep listening to Sim/AI's dialogs? Maybe updating the Fsx/P3d frequency list to the same source?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

The controller data is from the original FSX data.  It does not include scenery updates and is in a database file format.  That is why the only current solution, which I just added in update 2.0.1.16, is to edit the database from P2A for those few times when you need to add/edit a frequency. 

Long term, I want to read the frequencies from the user's SIM data to update their personal version of the controller database.  But that is a major effort and not going to happen for a while.

Dave

Actually, if you want to add ATC Centers you should be able to add them too.  Because the controllers are brought up for edit by airport, they would have the position of the airport you add them too.

I'll have to check if this works for Center Controllers, but it should.

Dave

Hello Dave,

I reuse this very old thread as I actually found a way to build an up to date Airspace BGL file for France.

It's a standard FSX bgl compiled with bglcomp.exe. It contains all French airspace classes <boundary> and also some frequencies input using the existing <Com> sequence format.

I just wonder how I could make P2A to use it,

Thanks

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I don't believe you can.  Since P2A does not read bgl files for any of it's data, I don't see a way to get P2A to use the data.

Dave

Ok, and if I extract it to a standard FSX XML? (with BGL2XML)

P2A is already able to import ARTCC data through "bvcf.xml" extracted from the original FSX/P3D "bvcf.bgl".

Or is there any other format that P2A can read to import airspace data?

Thanks

Roland

I expect that if you extract it to XML and that file is in the same format as the bvcf.xml file and contains all the airspaces, then that might work, assuming we're talking about ARTCC airspace, since that is the only airspace that is currently used by P2A.

Certainly worth a try.

P2A is able to read the XML without error, but it cannot handle the data I'm afraid, as they are not ARTCC airspaces, but all type of classic airspace like: CLASS_A, CLASS_B, CLASS_C,  .... RESTRICTED, PROHIBITED and so on

Roland

Ok good to know

Question about ARTCC:

Once the import is done in P2A, does it use ARTCC boundary definitions to request the new correct frequency switch when the aircraft cross geographically each boundary?

Roland