Sign in to follow this  
fontuckydick

When Entering Numbers for Payloads in Aircraft Using FS2004

This has been a problem for quite a while in FS2004 (FS9) in Win7 64 bit. When I enter numbers (weights) for crew and passengers in all aircraft, I drag the mouse arrow over area in box and then just type in the numbers. But it is too slow and I usually end up adding extra unwanted numbers. I would like to use just the keyboard and not use the mouse for this but when I hit "Enter" after typing in my desired weights it doesn't go down to the next box to add weight for next passenger etc. I tried using "Tab", "Ctrl", "Arrow" keys, nothing works. Is there a way to, after typing in the desired numbers in the first box, and hitting what ever key to automatically descend to next box to add more numbers? Example: In the "Pilot" box I use "170" for weight. But when using mouse to drag across the box before typing in my numbers, I will sometimes display "1700". I don't know why keyboard won't work the way it does when typing in Word-pad. I hope I explained this so you know the problem I'm having, thanks. :nea:

No, the interface isn't designed that way; it doesn't follow the normal word processing standards that most dialogs use.

DJ

After you have entered a figure in the first data box you will just have to click in the next data box you want to amend.  That will accept what you have entered in the first box.

As Ubersu has said - that's just the way it is.

Sorry, but I have no idea why your keyboard is slow in entering numbers.  Does this happen when using the keyboard in other areas of the sim or is it just when entering numbers for crew and pax?

Dijvid

My keyboard is not slow entering numbers. Its the mouse pointer that acts up once in a while. But if as is said that the interface is that way then I will have to accept it. Thanks for all the help.

My keyboard is not slow entering numbers. Its the mouse pointer that acts up once in a while. But if as is said that the interface is that way then I will have to accept it. Thanks for all the help.

Sorry!  Should have read your original post more closely.  I assume you have tried a replacement mouse or plugged your current mouse into a different USB port?  If it's a mouse with special features then maybe updated drivers might help?

Dijvid

Hi.

Is there a way to, after typing in the desired numbers in the first box, and hitting what ever key to automatically descend to next box to add more numbers?

I only use the keyboard for payload stations as I get irritated by swapping from mouse to keyboard & back. One job... one tool.

From the cockpit, Alt+A, F, P to the payload menu.

Tab until an entire station row is highlit.

Down arrow selects the next row down.
(Or up arrow selects the next row up)
Tab again until just the number is highlit.
Enter the weight for that station.
Tab until the entire row is highlit.
Down arrow to select the next station's row.

Et c.

I think that's what you meant. If not, I've just wasted your time...

All the best,
D
  • Upvote 1

I want to thank everyone who responded to this question. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :smile: :smile:

Hi.

I only use the keyboard for payload stations as I get irritated by swapping from mouse to keyboard & back. One job... one tool.

From the cockpit, Alt+A, F, P to the payload menu.

Tab until an entire station row is highlit.

Down arrow selects the next row down.
(Or up arrow selects the next row up)
Tab again until just the number is highlit.
Enter the weight for that station.
Tab until the entire row is highlit.
Down arrow to select the next station's row.

Et c.

I think that's what you meant. If not, I've just wasted your time...

All the best,
D

Thank-you, I will give it a try.

Yes, you got it right, Dave. I will try your solution, thanks a million.