Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

PRO-ATC default aircraft

Hi there,

So this may seem a bit stupid, but I'm kinda new to flight simulator and all these programs, but I've been looking at pro-atc for a while now and I am maybe going to buy this program.

But I've looked everywhere if the program supports the default aircraft, since the GPS system(To my knowledge) is different to what a FMC does.

So the question is if I buy it will I won't regret it, because it won't work?

Thanks!

Pro-ATC works just fine with planes equipped only with the stock GPS. You have the option of Pro-ATC automatically loading your FSX flight plan into the GPS, or you can do that yourself. You also have the option of letting Pro-ATC insert any SID/STAR way points into the flight plan, or doing that yourself also. (I recommend you let Pro-ATC do it.)

Pro-ATC works just fine with planes equipped only with the stock GPS. You have the option of Pro-ATC automatically loading your FSX flight plan into the GPS, or you can do that yourself. You also have the option of letting Pro-ATC insert any SID/STAR way points into the flight plan, or doing that yourself also. (I recommend you let Pro-ATC do it.)

I've bought it today, and when I tried it i got a very bad apprach from the atc and was still at 1000ft when flying over the runway? How can I fix that?

When I'm on the glideslope, I click on autopilot after making sure the NAV 1 frequency is set to capture the glideslope.  I also hit 1 and then look at the flight plan info (think it is the 3 or 4 number in the list) and it tells me what Com address and what NAV frequencies I should have entered.  These are important functions a pilot should do in preparation for landing.  If ProATC does not give me clearance to land, I'll inform ATC and go around and try again.

I also have detailed my co-pilot to handle most functions of setting the NAV1, COM1, AP functions and he/she is very accurate in doing these tasks for me.  When flying a heavy, I need all the help I can get!!!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's too late now but I do think you'd better learned how to fly first before getting a rather advanced addon as ProATC... Maybe it's a good idea to shelf ProATC for now and follow all lessons that come with FTX. Once you know how to take off, fly and land properly you can start using ProATC again.