Sign in to follow this  
cat

Any nice VFR aereas in Texas?

>If anyone wants a copy of 'El Paso' by Marty Robbins---let me>know!Music always makes me interrested. If you'e talking about an mp3, yes

Guest beana51

(sorry). I>can understand the mystic about those rocks, also it must have>been a perfect hideout for outlaws :-bang. Yer getting too close pardner,Back off!! Marty Robbins in fact made two recordings about El Paso! The follow up recording is aviation oriented.Hope you can get them. HAVE FUN VIN

Eagle -Well, I tried to send it but it wouldn't go! Server quit several times halfway through. Must be something to do with the piracy thing as I have not had trouble e-mailing songs in the past. I've noticed MS has changed something with the updates that prevents you from copying music with the Sound Recorder in XP too. If you send me your mailing address I'll make you a CD (if I can even do that anymore)!You must be a musician if you can just run out and pick up a dobro! You mentioned a band. I like dobro music and love Blue Grass! I used the Caravan to flightsee around the Big Bend area. Good visibility and not too slow. Take off from Alpine and head 140 toward the Rio Grande/Mexican border then using the GPS showing terrain look for the "speed bumps"! then turn west for a while and finally back north. Not too much there, but, then again, I only have RealScene for scenery enhancement. Also keep in mind you're still east of the Rockies where it is mostly plains, hills and desert. Here's a couple pix of the country around here in the "Hill Country". The last is a CW music place called Arky Blue's Siver Dollar in Bandera, Texas---cowboy capital of Texas!Scott

Have you tried zipping the file? Then M$ won't recognize it as a song :-cool.Oh, i don't have the Caravan, and honestly, I won't buy yet another Cessna, time for something else now really (ac developers, please listen).How about a weary old Beaver. I heard RealityXP's flightline T is out. The Beaver is first on the list to get those :). It's slow though.I'm not a professional musician, even though I made a (not very good) living in the movies making film scores some years ago. I migrated to web-design, in order to better support my lovely family, and it works :). Music is in my vains though, so I'm in a band called "Derek Matthews Band". We play for fun, mostly pivate arrangements, weddings and local gigs. The leader of the pack is Canadian, we play irish folk among other things. Bluegrass is ideal for our little acoustic band with two fiddles, guitars, double bass, banjo and my new loveaffair, the dobro (it's so unbelievable cool, played lap style with a steel, open tuning and to go all the way I even bought a "squareneck", steel is the only playing style with this one, the strings are almost an inch above the fretboard.) Very off topic, but you got me carried away Scott ;). Eagle

Nope----the zip didn't work either. I installed a new anti virus/firewall yesterday. That could be it! I'll fool around with it and try again.If you're flying FS9 it has a Caravan under Cessna! You could also use the Lear! The Beaver would do it---though slowly.Scott

Eagle - Wow---I just now looked at your Norway pix!! Terrific! Forget El Paso or Big Bend if you are looking for scenery like that!!! You might try up around Glacier National Park in north central Montana around the Canadian border. Without enhancements, though, it won't look as good as your Norway does!Scott

Thanks for the song Scott :). (if they think they can control us, they'll have to think twice, and if they try to hunt us down we know where to hide, right?) My oh my, that refrain is so over the top! They know how to make a sad song them cowboys ...Eagle

Maybe it will, the secrets are:1. A good mesh2. A ditto landclass (FSGenesis for instance)3. Lennart Arvidssons textures IMPORTANT!4. ASV for the dramatic topping :)Eagle

Yeah, we'll saddle up and head for those speed bumps!Oh, I sent you Marty's 'Strawberry Roan' too!Scott

Guest RonB49

Eagle, if you like that MR song, then look for the album "Gun Fighter Ballads and Trail Songs" it is loaded with classic cowboy (not C & W) music. I have it on vinyl and I'm not sure that it it is available on CD. I'll bet that you could find it on eBay.If you check out the Big Bend area, fly west to Lahitas. There is a nice landing strip there capable of handling Lears and the like. Prevailing wind dictates a pattern flown mostly over Mexico. I suppose that may have changed now with the border tightening.BTW, the last time I drove thru Bandera on a Friday night, it looked like Arky Blue's was closed.R-San AntonioEDIT to add: "Strawberry Roan" is one of the other great songs on "Gun ... Songs." R-

R -I was at AB's a few weeks ago on Sat afternoon and again the next day and it was alive and well--- as you can see! Btw, Both songs I sent Eagle were from that album. I just gave it away along with a two foot high stack of LPs including Buck owens, Johnny Cash, Ray Price, Hank Snow, Hank Williams, Hank Thompson, Ernie Tubb, Carl Smith, Marty Robbins, Bobby Bare, and a bunch of others. Scott

Guest RonB49

It was probably just after the time change and just after dark when I drove past. Perhaps the outside lights are on a timer which had not been reset and made it appear closed. It sounds like you've been there more recently. R-

Guest VAA_008

HI Eagle,I also took a quick look at that scenery Wow !!Would you happen to know the file name by any chance?And any help with the names of free scenery files for it would be outstanding.Thanks Eagle.VAA_008

I'll give you a quick start, but anyhow, you gotta know what your'e doing, I'll try to give you some tips on the way:Mesh, "Norway Quality Mesh", go here: http://www.flightsim.no/cgi-bin/file/searc...Norway_mesh.zipLandclass and coastlines, "Norway Scenic", go here: http://www.fotoscenery.com/engelsk.htmTextures: NB NB NB!!! Backup your texture folder before you start, but if you follow these guidelines, you'll be fine :). "Lennarts Arvidssons textures" Here's the link: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...atID=fs2004scen1. Backup!!!2. Forget about the good mr. Arvidssons attempt to make an installer (it might not work on your system at all), just locate all textures and throw them into your textures folder. You don't want anything else than Lennarts fantastic textures anyhow! I haven't a clue wether BEV and Lennarts textures replaces the same files, but I installed BEV first, and then overwrote with Lennarts texture afterwards. BEV isn't a waste anyway cause it adds very nice autogen logic.Roads: I use payware roads and railways from the PAYware company fsFREEware :-doh. Here's the link: http://www.fsaviation.com/terrashop/produc...&products_id=76.It looks ok, but it is very hard to install, next time I'll try this genuine freeware roads: http://www.flightsim.no/cgi-bin/file/searc...orway_roads.zipAirports (and this is unbelievable). Although not all of these are top notch, some of them are really good, and it covers a lot of airports all over Norway. "Norway Airports", here it is: http://www.flightsim.no/norway/naframe_e.php?del=start_eSome of these addons are really hard to install, but if you backup first, and read the instructions very thoroughly (the spelling of that word can't be right, help!), you'll be aok. If ReadMe tells you to erase a bunch of files, by all means do that, else you end up with double coastlines, roads that don't match the territory etc.Please let me know if you need any help. No pain, no gain, this is no Flight1 easy go ;) But it's free and it looks absolutely stunning!And to top it all, look for Lennarts Fly&Fish, over here: http://flightsim.no/cgi-bin/file/search.cgi?query=Fly%26fishEagle