Sign in to follow this  
rikkardo737

FSX STEAM MICRO STUTTERS TEARING

Hello to everybody, I'm using fsx steam on windows 10 (64) ,

I'm having an annoying problem with little stutters and tearing effect . I've follow Nick's guide and all run perfectly without crash or error, but is still present this problem.

I read something about vsync and win 10 but I don't understand well , I'm using it with nvidia inspector, but without success.

I also read about windows aero on win10 than can fix some problems about vsync.

can you confirm me this?

do you have any suggestion to fix this problem?

thank you in advance,

Riccardo 

More information needed. What are your system specifications - CPU, GPU, RAM, monitor/resolution? What vsync settings are you using? What sort of frame rates are you getting and are you running with the frame rate limited or unlimited?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm sorry for my late answer, 

first of all thank you for your reply, I have I5 3ghz processor and gtx 960m it's a laptop but with 737 ngx I get

more than 60 frames in default airport with any meteorological condition, so I'm very happy of the result.

Howewer, I

experimented, trying all combinations, that on windows 10 Vsync doesn't work! Now I founded the best

solution putting unlimited frame in fsx and deactivate the Vsync in Inspector that gave me less micro stutters.

I'm still struggle to cut-out entirely the micro stutter.... Can someone confirm me 

negative experience with Vsync and Windows 10??

thank you in advance,

Riccardo

I'm using Windows 10 with vsync in FSX without problems. I limit the frame rates to 30 in the FSX settings then use the "1/2 refresh rate" vsync setting in NVIDIA Profile Inspector.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit