Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Does PFPX save routes without including SID/STAR?

Does anyone know if PFPX includes the SID/STAR when saving/exporting flight plans?

I would hope not because I would like to store them without those information because those are always changing based on ATC clearance and weather. I would like to have just the base route saved only with the waypoints which doesn't change, so that way I can load them up into my FMC/MCDU for future flights.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think if you remove the runway (it's near the top of the route planner) - there's a drop down menue of the available runways - it gets rid of the SID/STAR - though could be wrong.

That's what I pretty much do...

Rich

I'm aware of that but I don't want to do that because I need to have the runway and sid/star in my OFP so that I can use as a reference for when I fly. The question I'm asking is that the actual file it exports, does that file include SID/STAR or only the base route in between?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Afaik PFPX does not include SID and STAR in an exported plan (which you can for instance load into the sim or a plane). The SID and STAR is only there in PFPX and the OFP for reference. I think you can also remove SID and STAR entirely on the Route Editor page: select NONE in the appropriate dropdown menu's. (Not entirely sure because I haven't used PFPX for over a year or so.)

Of course you can also simply try all this and see for yourself what gets exported or not. 

PFPX includes SID/STARs while exporting but it may vary by Addon.

However you can export plan without it. Simply, after building the route, delete the SID ID in front of the route and STAR ID at the end of the route. Then click BUILD ROUTE again, save and export. This will rebuild your route without SID/STARs.

Afaik PFPX does not include SID and STAR in an exported plan

Jeroen is correct.

PFPX displays the appropriate SID, STAR on your OFP but doesn't export it by default into your FMC loaded route. That has to be loaded manually, as does the runway

Thats not true. Feelthere 737 Evo gets full STAR into FMS via deflault Prepar3D flightplan generated by PFPX.

Thats why i wrote it may be Addon dependent.

I believe the Aerosoft Airbus also gets the SID/STAR data when the plan is exported through PFPX but the PMDG NG/777 doesn't so it seems like that data is based on the add-on.

Strange, okay, I'll experiment and see which planes gets SID/STAR and which doesn't...

So far it seems like the PMDG 777/737 doesn't get the SID/STAR while the Aerosoft Airbus does...

Just go into edit route, remove Sid/Star from drop down menu and save :)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Strange, okay, I'll experiment and see which planes gets SID/STAR and which doesn't...

So far it seems like the PMDG 777/737 doesn't get the SID/STAR while the Aerosoft Airbus does...

This is noted in the PMDG Introduction manuals for the respective products.  Loading a plan from PFPX has terminal procedures stripped, but once you complete the plan in the FMS and save it subsequent loads will be a complete plan.

Dan Downs KCRP

I believe the Aerosoft Airbus also gets the SID/STAR data when the plan is exported through PFPX but the PMDG NG/777 doesn't so it seems like that data is based on the add-on.

No it doesn't. When you load a company route exported from PFPX into the the Aerosoft MCDU it will only fill out the waypoints on the main flight plan., you still have to add the departure and approach procedures. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Well great, if it doesn't add the SID/STAR then that's perfect. Make's the plan reusuable then. Especially for people who want to fly realistically with ATC and weather. But for those who don't then having the SID/STAR also embedded into the flightplan would be more convenient.

No it doesn't.

Yep, it does if you don't have 'Realistic Company Route' checked in their configurator tool.