Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

FSUIPC at last

Guest bobsk8

For a couple of years I have been tempted to purchase the registered version of FSUIPC, but everytime I would go to the web site to make the purchase, I would hesitate, thinking that there was a good possibility that I would never use any of the features. My controls stay in calibration, weather works well, etc.... etcc. Since joining Vatsim, however, I have been bothered by the fact that I can't assign a button on my CH yoke for push to talk on SB3. I know, I know, you are supposed to be able to do that with the CH software, but I have had zero luck after dozens and dozens of attempts, trying to get that to work properly. I finally decided to purchase FSUIPC and loaded it into FS9 this morning prior to going to work. I was amazed after opening the program, to see all the menu selections I have there. A couple of clicks and I have my push to talk assigned, and when I get home tonight I am going to assign another unused button to another Level D function. Looking at the other options, I am certain that I will get plenty of use out of this registered version. Anyone else found this to be the case?

Guest DNelson

I was pretty much forced to buy it to get the control acceleration fix. The Flight1 Meridian suffers from this problem (can't set altimeter in less than about .05" Hg increments), and it was obvious a year ago that no fix was forthcoming from Flight1 or RealityXP.

I've been using the version 2.xx freeware and then purchased the 3.xx now up to 3.50 (using 3.50.7 beta now). Besides the control acceleration fix I use the non-linear yaw (slope) steering to handle nosewheel steering sensitivity issues.I also have the additional functions of AI on/off toggle key assignment to refresh AI to bring it up to updated intitial weather patterns (also part of ASVe now) bringing ATIS up-to-date before takeoff.Another function I use is throttle sync to get around the PMDG 737NG bug of retaining only single throttle control after disengaging A/T. FSUIPC also corrects processes interfering where a multiple keystroke sequence is one such as E-1-2 to set up single throttle control and get it back.The registered version adds a Swiss Army Knife of functions well beyond the features that developers license in it.

For any regular simmer, the extra capability is well worth the money.And, as important, your contribution supports one of the class acts in our community. Tip 'o the cap to Pete Dowson.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

>For any regular simmer, the extra capability is well worth>the money.>>And, as important, your contribution supports one of the class>acts in our community. Tip 'o the cap to Pete Dowson.>>Best,>MikeAgreed. It was well spent money for me as well. Can't argue with supporting Mr. Dowson, either.KP

Guest aarskringspier

In my opinion it is hands down the best payware add on for MSFS that you can get. If youre going to play with the advanced add ons out there then youll be well served by putting a registered version of FSUIPC in your modules folder. If you dont have it go get it.

>Since joining Vatsim, however, I have been bothered by the>fact that I can't assign a button on my CH yoke for push to>talk on SB3. I know, I know, you are supposed to be able to>do that with the CH software, but I have had zero luck after>dozens and dozens of attempts, trying to get that to work>properly. It is about the most un-user friendly bit of kit out there. But this might help some, perhaps ... just my own cut on how to set it up, trying to keep things simple:http://www.dcascreenshots.net/dcaforum/vie...a522053f11c65c1MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]