Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

MegaScenery and Georender

Guest gasebah

Hi guys,I love to fly the Seattle area and I am thinking about getting MegaScenery as I think it might be a nice improvement. However I am concerned that it don't fit together at all with all my Georender stuff.Any experiences with that?Alex

Hi alex,You'll find an answer herehttp://georender.org/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=196best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yup you can disable the Georender photorel ground and use Megascenery's textures. It's also possible to leave the Georender textures untouched but then you'll see a sharp border where Georender ends and Megascenery takes over. Fixes for this were supposed to be released but personal problems and other projects have so far prevented him from releasing those.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest gasebah

Thx for the advise guys. I feel a problem rising as all those deatiled sceneries emerge especially when they involve lansdscaping, roads and all that stuff. Having one you cannot use the other or you have to tweak or delete a lot of files and that won't make it right all the time. I am using the Gigascenery mesh with Raimond Taburet's roads, lakes and coastlines e.g.. 95% of the time it looks brilliant but than I have those ugly bumps in the water or tsunamis rising in front of the coast. That is starting to really keep me from buying a lot of sceneries lately.Alex

I have MS PWN and alot of Geo Render stuff. They do work well with using no edit's at all (except for the transition from one to the other as it is very definite).I have my geo render stuff above my PNW in my scenery.cfg. You might see the odd floating car (Darrington is bad for that). But the others work pretty well as is out side of the texture transitions.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ