Sign in to follow this  
batito

No live camera on replays ?

Hi, 

I can´t use the live camera in replays, is there some way ?

thxs

I do not get the power to use the live camera in replays, some form

Unfortunately the sim does not allow it. The eye point can actually only be controlled in 2D Cockpit, VC, and External 'Custom' Aircraft view.

Stephen :-)

P.S. This is wrong assumption, all Live Camera views work fine and view modes are selected and switched with no problem in 'Instant Replay' mode.

Thxs Sthephen ,

I have seen some videos doing that views with ezdoc in the replays, may be there are some ways. 

If it's a VC or external mode it might be ok. Have you assigned buttons to the camera views.

Are you sure it doesn't change the camera view. You must select Live Camera views which only requires the button or key event to be issued by the sim.

I will have a look tomorrow on my system.

You can check Spy to see if the sim issues the button event assigned to the OpusFSI Live Camera view. If you see the button event that has been assigned to your view then Live Camera will go through the motions of selecting the view mode and setting the eye point.

I will report back after checking on my system.

Stephen :-)

I was wrong in my assumptions above.

Live Camera views work just fine in 'Instant Replay' mode.

I used all my normal assigned buttons and keys and could switch between all my configured Live Camera VC and External Aircraft views.

Best check your camera's aircraft and button/key assignments. Use Spy to make sure the button/key events are received and ensure your views are being switched in normal mode. Note, OpusFSI treats the sim no differently in Instant Replay mode, it processes any button/key events just the same.

Stephen :smile:

Ok Stephen, thank you, I need to check the Spy like you said 

PD. I checked and everything is correct, the buttons are assigned and work and I can not just move the camera in part outside the plane in replays. I´m on FSX Steam Edition 

PD 2: I can´t find one youtube video showing that, doesn´t exist, and with ezdoc are a lot. 

You can use both VC and external views.

I've just tested it again and it all works 100% on both FSX and P3D, FSX Steam should be absolutely no difference since they cannot change the sim code.

You just need to investigate.

First ... check your views are configured and can be selected OK using their assigned 'buttons' outside of Instant Replay.

Then check during Instant Reply. Ive just done it and all is OK moving in between VC and External views.

I take you have assigned 'unique' buttons or 'working' keys to your views so that they can be selected and displayed. The normal mode check will ensure your aircraft has been assigned to those cameras.

if in doubt email me your FSESERVER.CAM file and I will check your configuration. Let me know what cameras you are trying to select and how you are selecting them, plus what aircraft you have loaded.

Stephen

N.B. Videos are prepared by 'users' and will never substitute for a good manual or guide.

opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

You should also download and install the latest OpusFSI Beta Version 4.71.2 so that we are both using the same version.

Don't forget to check your configuration to make sure the cameras you are trying to select are actually assigned to the loaded aircraft type and the assigned button or key sequence event is OK. Once again I find no problems with using LC during Instant Replays, everything works just as normal (LC functions the same in both normal and the sim's 'Instant Replay' mode).

When you say 'move' the camera, what exactly do you mean?

I have checked you can select and display a Live Camera view, displaying and switching between both VC and External Aircraft views.

Of course if you are referring to LCC then eye point adjustment can only occur in VC, 2D, and External Aircraft view modes (not Tower or Spot etc.). That's all the sim allows

Stephen

Stephen, plz look at this video whit ezdoc, look how the camera moves around the plane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewNrL32ZSdI

I saw a lot of videos moving around the plane, I don´t mean switch cameras, I mean moving outside the plane, but only in the replay, with opus can´t, with ezdoc can. 

Thank you for your time and help. 

PS. I´m at the office, when I get back home I´ll check the version 4.71.2, if is not, i will update it 

This is nothing to do with Live Camera view selection and display.

You are talking about the use of Live Camera Control in replay mode.

I will have to investigate.

Stephen

Both Live Camera views and Panning Sequences work fine in normal and instant replay modes.

I will see if I can add Live Camera Control as well then you will be able to use a dedicated 6-axis Gamepad Controller to roam about to your hearts content.

Stephen

Great !! Thx Stephen 

By the way, I don´t need game pad controller, I have a Saitek x 56 whit a lot of buttons and axes, but have that move in the replays will be simply great for the movies. 

OK, that's done.

All Live Camera Control (LCC) actions were disabled whenever the sim notified Opus it was 'inactive'. The sim appears to remain in 'inactive' mode whilst any Instant Replay is in progress so all DHM and LCC actions were disabled during the playback.

I have now removed this condition so Live Camera Control (LCC) remains active during Instant Replays.

The changes will be in the next OpusFSI Beta (Version 4.71.3) which will be posted within a few days.

Regards

Stephen :smile: