Sign in to follow this  
mjw8899

GTN doesnt turn on

First I love this product and it works in many of my aircraft. However, in the STMA PC-12, which uses the default GNS 530, the GTN is a blank window. In essence, it doesn't turn on. To be clear, its not the previous win10 anniversary issue. In this case, the GTN is present, its just off. I'm wondering if there is some conflict with another plugin in the aircraft or whether there is something I am missing to turn it on.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

First culprits are:

Do you have avionics power?

Is the GPS (per X-Plane failures) failed?

Have you tried to connect the GTN to the copilot side? (X-Plane as separated sides, and you can connect the GTN to either!)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the quick response. Avionics are powered (the other default GPS's are on) and I'll recheck failures. I haven't tried connecting to the copilot side. Keep you posted...

Its something screwy with plane. The GTN just started working mid flight, not sure why, and then when I reloaded the aircraft, it was blank again. Is there a guide for installing the GTN in the 3d panel. I was wondering if disabling one of the GNS' would fix the problem.

Ok, I figured it out: I had to turn the master switch off (its on when the plane initializes) and then back on, and that seemed to reliably boot the GTN. So, if you have the STMA PC-12, which otherwise is a nice aircraft, this is the way, at least for me, to use the GTN.

Thank you for the thorough investigation! I imagine they 'manage' the power under the scene and this makes other plugins having problems. I'll check this further on our end though but since our plugin just 'reads' the actual power bus current, I fail to see a reason on how this affects our code.

One thing you might want to further look at are the 'power' related datarefs with dataref editor and see how they change depending on the STMA PC-12 state?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)