Sign in to follow this  
Guest magadog

Fs2004 wont save my settings HELP!!!!

Guest magadog

Hi I'm having the disturbing problem of FS2004 not saving some of my settings as the default flight and so on. My preffered setting would be (when creating a flight) cessna, ESCP, Real world weather and day setting. But whatever I do to try and fix this it'll always turn up with cessna, seattle, fair weather and nighttime... I have tried everything I can think of, deleting the fs9.cfg, rebuilding and tweaking it but nothing happens...I have Win XP PRO if it'll help...Every sggestion appreciated!!!SincearlyMattias,Sweden

same here i tried to reduce the lights but entering a few entries but it wont save it,any idea why?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Perhaps the file is set as 'Read-only' ? Or due to file permissions perhaps you need to login as Administrator and run the sim as Administrator in order to be able to save the changes?Just a thought,Jim Richards

hii checked the read only and its untickedhow do i log on into XP as an Administrator?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. I only offer this advice in the hope you haven't already done this!Start the sim as normal. Once running,in no particular order, change aircraft, then change weather,change time then click up 'world' and on 'go to airport' make your choice. Once everything set for you and you are ready to fly click 'flights' then 'save flight',give your flight a name and tick the default box and you then return to the aircraft. click 'esc' on the keyboard or go to 'flights' again and click 'escape' or 'exit'.When you next start the sim you might be where you want to be!!Lemonadedrinker.

Try this: As above, set up the flight as you wish, then save it. Then go to the flights menu, and select that flight to load, but when LOADING it check the "make this flight the default". That seems to work more often than checking the make default when saving...Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)