Sign in to follow this  
catonthemat

Simmarket Authorization Woes

Has anyone here ever had any problems with the Simmarket authorization when installing any products purchased from their store?

I've got close to 30 sceneries for P3D that I've bought from them in the past that I cannot install now.

When you click the scenery to install, a web browser pops up and asks for your email address and the serial key that you received to register, then after entering these you then receive an authorization code to enter into another box that connects with their server and allows the installation to continue.

This worked fine for me on my old pc running Windows 7, but doesn't on this new pc which has Windows 10.Now after getting the authorization code, and entering it into the box, and clicking the next button, I get an error message " You must enter a name" and an ok button, clicking the ok button leads to "cannot focus a disabled or invisible window"

I've contacted their support and got a reply in which they thought it may be that the RegisteredOwner value is blank, and suggested changing this in the registry, but I've followed their suggestions and everything is fine in the registry.

If anyone has encountered this error, and managed to come up with a solution, I'd be extremely grateful,because I cannot purchase anymore from Simmarket because all their latest sceneries use this authorization procedure now...

Haha i was just copying my own topic to yours for you to check, when i saw you have already seen it LOL. The method worked

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Hahahaha! Thank you!

And you are welcome ;)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

This way of activation has always worked for me on Windows 10 so far.

But does anybody know how to go forward once you had reached your limit of 5 out of 5 activations?

I have checked their FAQ but this question was not covered there.

Thanks

Frank

I've got several items with which I was stupid enough to buy from Simmarket. After a couple of reinstalls over a reasonable period, my activations ran out and upon requesting an activation reset, I was told I already had the products installed, so there was no reason to reset. When I pointed out that they could look up my purchase info, I was accused of installing in 5 different computers, which clearly indicates they are just guessing.

So In short, I've got for like 60-70 euros worth of addons, for which I've got a legal right to use them, which I cant use because of the lies from Simmarket.

It was my own fault though. After they had me pay over 400 euros for hardware, but never delivered the products and in hindsight blamed the manufacturer, while the manufacturer is of course not repsonsable for any contract closed between Simmarket and their customers, I should have known better and bought from a trustworthy webshop.

Cheers!

Maarten

Wow, this is bad. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this kind of treatment from SimMarket. Is it normal? I have several products purchased from their online store and if this is the situation I might face down the line, then I need to rethink where I buy!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I never had an issue with Simmarket, and have purchased many add ons from them,  but I avoided installing Windows 10. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Never had an issue with them and every product is still there for me complete with serials.

Just checked my account over at SimMarket and it seems I have purchased 128 products there since March 2004.

They are always my first choice to buy from.

I use Simmarket almost exclusively, and over the years have had to do a number of reinstalls. I have never reached the download limit, and have found that some of my reinstalls always show 5 out of 5 installs remaining even when I know it was the third, or in some cases the fourth reinstallation that I had done.

This does seem a very unusual response from Simmarket, as I have always had good service from them, including a credit note for a product that I had bought twice in the space of a week, and for which, reasonably, they might have told me that my stupidity is not covered by their purchasing TOS, with a sarcastic reference to that old adage about a fool and his money. Instead, I got a no questions asked credit note.

I realise that this is little consolation, but don't give up on them so quickly. Someone might just be having an off day over there. That being said, I hope they get it sorted out for you in a hurry.

Never had an issue with them and every product is still there for me complete with serials.

Just checked my account over at SimMarket and it seems I have purchased 128 products there since March 2004.

I've been a simMarket customer for years and have bought tons of addons from them. Not a single issue so far.

I never had to ask for resetting my activation limits, though.

I use Simmarket almost exclusively, and over the years have had to do a number of reinstalls. I have never reached the download limit, and have found that some of my reinstalls always show 5 out of 5 installs remaining even when I know it was the third, or in some cases the fourth reinstallation that I had done.

This does seem a very unusual response from Simmarket, as I have always had good service from them, including a credit note for a product that I had bought twice in the space of a week, and for which, reasonably, they might have told me that my stupidity is not covered by their purchasing TOS, with a sarcastic reference to that old adage about a fool and his money. Instead, I got a no questions asked credit note.

I realise that this is little consolation, but don't give up on them so quickly. Someone might just be having an off day over there. That being said, I hope they get it sorted out for you in a hurry.

Thanks a lot for these reassuring comments guys.

Best Regards

Frank

I've got several items with which I was stupid enough to buy from Simmarket. After a couple of reinstalls over a reasonable period, my activations ran out and upon requesting an activation reset, I was told I already had the products installed, so there was no reason to reset. When I pointed out that they could look up my purchase info, I was accused of installing in 5 different computers, which clearly indicates they are just guessing.

So In short, I've got for like 60-70 euros worth of addons, for which I've got a legal right to use them, which I cant use because of the lies from Simmarket.

It was my own fault though. After they had me pay over 400 euros for hardware, but never delivered the products and in hindsight blamed the manufacturer, while the manufacturer is of course not repsonsable for any contract closed between Simmarket and their customers, I should have known better and bought from a trustworthy webshop.

Like other posters here, I have used SimMarket for many years and purchased a large number of software items from them. I have only experienced efficient and reliable service.

Through computer updates and rebuilds, I have reinstalled most of the software several times, without any issues with reinstall limits. I have also found that reinstalls on the same computer do not necessarily trigger a reduction in the number of reinstalls remaining.  It is nonsense to claim that a 'couple of installs' could take anyone beyond the initial 5 reinstalls limit.

If someone manages to exceed the reinstall limit in any time period less than several years, I would suggest that SimMarket are justified in suspecting multiple computer installs.

Regarding the hardware purchase, from the limited details provided, people would find it difficult to form any meaningful judgement. Contract law varies widely between countries, but most payments to SimMarket are through credit cards or PayPal. In either case if you had a valid claim you could have pursued it through the recognised dispute procedures. Did you do this?

In general, it's not a good idea to make defamatory statements, and certainly when not backed up by accurate and objective information.

John B

Same here. Orders from 2003 are still there and download links working.

Same with Flight1 FSD, and Aerosoft. Most of the others I've bought from over the 17 years I've been in this hobby have gone out of business...

As to hardware, possibly they meant being unable to ship because they aren't getting stock from the manufacturer? Can't hurt to inquire (and remain courteous).

sigfile_dva.png

Surprised to hear of your troubles. I've been doing business with simMarket since 2005 and have had no difficulties with downloading, installing or reinstalling. In fact I have found them to be very accommodating. On two occasions they have even bent the rules and issued credit when I found addons not up to snuff after purchase. Also they are much quicker with regards to posting updates than other vendors and even send you an email. Actually, simMarket is my go-to choice. As stated above, might have caught someone on a bad day. I would politely try again with detailed explanation of your situation.