Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Pilot Client V2.0 Beta or SqwkBox 4.0? Which One Is Better?

QUICK QUESTION: is Pilot Client V2.0 beta better than Sqwkbox 4.0 for FSX use?? It is safe to use Pilot Client V2.0 beta even though it says BETA? Why does Pilot Client V2.0 beta have lots of AI options when I do not need AI options? It looks too much work for me to figure out AI options.  I have been using sqwkbox 4.0 for 7 years and am happy with that but people say the new software is far better and crash proof.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Why does Pilot Client V2.0 beta have lots of AI options when I do not need AI options?

Without the Ai options set you will not be able to see the other users, why would you not want to see the other Vatsim users around you at the airport or in the air ?

Glynn,

That is okay.  I have been using Pilot Client V2 beta for 40 flights without problems.  It turned out that Pilot Client V2 Beta did automatic work on AI while I was under wrong impression that I would be required to do lots of modifying in AI option section of Pilot Client V2 beta hence my hesitation to download and use Pilot Client V2 Beta.  The developer assured me it was all automatic stuff and I needed not to worry about modifying AI unless I wanted something fancy.

signCopy.jpg

It's nice software, I struggled a few years ago getting FSinn working but vPilot was a breeze, it picked up my MyTraffic Ai and uses them perfectly to display the Vatsim traffic.

I am running it networked on a (very) old laptop with the screen maximised which makes it really easy to see all the ATC freq's in use.

Yes  VPilotClient 2.0 is awesome but I wish the list of ATC freqs would be on right side of VpilotClient2.0, not on left side because I always put window of VPilotClient 2.0 on first officer's cockpit window so that I can have clear view of captain's cockpit window.

I solved the problem by inserting window of VPilot Client into cockpit panel.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg