Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

Airport scenery you would like to see for FSX/P3D?

I'm planning to start some new airport scenery projects with a friend, but I would prefer to create scenery for ones that haven't been previously created for FSX/P3D in decent quality (so mere AFCAD's and such don't count).

So I thought I could ask here for some suggestions / ideas. Are there any airports you would really want to see with no existing quality addon-scenery for them? Willing to do ones located anywhere in the world, as long as there's sufficient image data available on the internet, or from you.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!  :smile:

that would be wonderful.  TERRACE, BC  CANADA .  (cyxt)  my home town airport.  

henry

Z98- Zeeland and 08C- Jenison, Michigan these are small  local to me and way out of specs with Mega Scenery Michigan.

Ken Heibel

Maybe Luanda (FNLU) Angola for FSX? I know of two versions out there, but neither of them is particularly good.

Is this payware, or freeware? I would love to see a super detailed version of EINN Shannon in the Republic of Ireland (fully compatible with PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 10 Ireland West). In a perfect world, this would also include an extended area surrounding the airport....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

KSAT (San Antonio, Texas).  I have already done a lot of research on the airport (I live nearby) and done much of the AFCAD.  Started the modeling but much is new to me so it's going very slowly. 

With KDFW, KIAH, and KAUS already done nicely, KSAT is the remaining point of the triangle for nice (and reasonably short) hops in both commercial and GA aircraft.

Tony

There is one airport in the US that has never had any FSX development, and offers an incredible scenic departure... Roanoke Regional Airport (KROA).  As I recall, the western departure runs up to the mountains, and is just one of those great departures.

As a regional airport, it not too large thus would be prime for a good Photo Real or better yet, custom airport.  It's one that I highly recommend flying from the default airport in order to evaluate just how terrific a project it would be.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I would like to see more Asian regions, we have plenty for USA, Europe, but severely lacking for Asia. If you can I would love to see some of these airports.

VVNB, VVTS, WMKK, VTBS

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I would love to see KBGR Bangor Maine. It is a trans Atlantic refueling stop and a Port of Entry for the USA. John Young's version for FS 2004 had over 8,000 downloads.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Heh. I flew there for real this summer and then flew to the default version in FSX. There isn't much to the airport to start with! I think Greek airports on some of the islands if they haven't been covered yet can be good because there are a lot of short hops between athens and the islands and in between the islands that people may enjoy flying. I had had several flights and the vast majority of them were using airbuses. Bradley International in Connecticut I don't think has been done. I could be wrong on that though.