Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

Airport scenery you would like to see for FSX/P3D?

I would love to see some Airports in India f possible:

Chennai - VOMM

Bengaluru - VOBL

Hyderabad - VOHS

Mumbai - VABB

Kolkata - VECC

Sril Lanka with Colombo VCBI

An updated Maldives VRMM

Here are a couple of reasons I think this region could do with these airports:

• I feel the sub continent is lacking with good airport scenery and is also a nice place for short/medium/long haul flights to and from these cities.
  • You have relatively short/medium hauls to places in the Middle east like Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi, etc which have good sceneries available. There are also decent sceneries for places in SE Asia like Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Phuket, Singapore, Hong Kong etc. These are all 3-5 hours away. In addition, for those more inclined towards realism, these flights are EDTO flights, so the fuel and diversion planning comes into play.
  • For those Long Haul lovers, Europe and the East Coast of North America is also reachable along with Australia and the Far East.
  • Not much change in terms of seasonal textures as there is no snow in these areas.
  • For those using Real World weather add-on's the Indian Monsoon time will be a great "fun" time to fly :)
  • There are also challenging airports in the region like Kathmandu and Paro in Bhutan, which are very short flights from Kolkata, which I am sure will make for a fun sector.
  • Lastly, you can have the option of using your favorite short haul Aircraft like the NGX / FSL A320 / A320-X or the wide bodies like the PMDG777 and the upcoming 747/A330. All these airports are more than capable of handling all sizes of aircraft.

Regards,

Dinshaw.

• Upvote 1

KPDX, Portland, Oregon, please :smile: :smile: :smile:

KRNO (Reno/Tahoe Cannon International Airport)

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Baltimore Washington International KBWI, the most forgotten airport by all developers.  There was some indication that Fly Tampa was going to do it but they forgot about it. :wink:

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Another vote for KPDX. Surprised its not done either by ORBX or another payware dev to compliment all the PNW flying and scenery up and down the coast.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Baltimore Washington International KBWI, the most forgotten airport by all developers.  There was some indication that Fly Tampa was going to do it but they forgot about it. :wink:

Airbus

PLEASE!!!!

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Mangalore Airport..there have been some accidents here...aircraft unable to stop and falling off the cliff.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Big thanks to everybody for suggestions! We've decided to make Albuquerque Sunport (KABQ) as our next project, however at later stage we'll definitely consider many of the other suggestions too.

We would be very happy to receive images of terminal and other buildings in KABQ and other suggested airports. Often the hardest part of creating an airport is getting enough quality imagery for detailed modeling and texturing, so if any of you have the chance to take a lot of photographs of an airport you would want created, please PM me.  :smile:

If you do KBWI, I have a friend that works on the ground crew that can get pictures of any part of the airport from any angle you need.   :hi:

If that doesn't work... Can we bribe you? 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440