Sign in to follow this  
rafikihd

Loss of VOR Signal

Hello Guys,

Turns out Im having this problem with my VOR's specifically when flying the Airbus PSS, sometimes on ground I dont get any VOR signal from any VOR. And some other times when, miraculously (dont really know how), I get signal on ground all indications from the VOR disappear around 5-10 mins into the flight.

I have my VOR Database up-to-date but dont know what the deal is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Guys!

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Many VORs in FS9 do not get received by the aircraft until you are airborne.  VORs need line of sight to be received, although I dont know how accurately FS9 models this. Give a few examples and I will test.

Some VORs are "Terminal"  and have a much reduced range compared to a high altutude VOR, so you can easily lose them a few minutes after takeoff.

Peter Schluter

Hi,

Well, I´ve tried with MEX VOR and SEA VOR (and VOR´s in the vicinity) the thing here is that I dont know if some files were corrupted or something because that didn´t use to happen. Before this issue I could get signal while on ground or airborne without any problem.

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Both those work for me while on the ground. in both default cessna and addon aircraft

I dont have your Airbus. Do they work normally with other aircraft ?

Peter Schluter

Make sure that your default flight begins with the avionics turned on at load time. You can get really odd results with the PSS aircraft if it is not.

DJ

Both those work for me while on the ground. in both default cessna and addon aircraft

I dont have your Airbus. Do they work normally with other aircraft ?

Yeah, For me they used to work normally, dont know what happened. They actually work normally with any other aircraft either default or addon.

Make sure that your default flight begins with the avionics turned on at load time. You can get really odd results with the PSS aircraft if it is not.

DJ

Hi Ubersu,

Well my default flight is configured to start with cold and dark cockpit, as well as the Airbus, I´ve been flying it like this for a long time with no problem, but I dont know what happened that now Im facing this problem with the VOR`s

Hi,

Like I say just make sure that you start with the Cessna and make sure that avionics switch is on - once you do that it should be good to go. I had all kinds of weird electrical and avionic issues going on until I figured that out.

DJ 

Hi,

Like I say just make sure that you start with the Cessna and make sure that avionics switch is on - once you do that it should be good to go. I had all kinds of weird electrical and avionic issues going on until I figured that out.

DJ 

I've also found this to be good advice for a number of potential issues besides VOR. Starting a flight with default Cessna running and avionics on and then switching to an aircraft even if it is cold and dark seems to provide the most reliable results from what I've found. It's the first thing you should try. Even if you didn't do this before and it still worked, the smallest little change somewhere can lead to a problem like you are having. Starting with the Cessna appears to sometimes help completely bypass these little types of problems and get things back to normal.

Mark Daniels

In the case of the PSS aircraft, it is mandatory. If the avionics have not been set on in the default flight, you'll have erratic and odd problems.

DJ

Hi,

DJ 

I've also found this to be good advice for a number of potential issues besides VOR. Starting a flight with default Cessna running and avionics on and then switching to an aircraft even if it is cold and dark seems to provide the most reliable results from what I've found. It's the first thing you should try. Even if you didn't do this before and it still worked, the smallest little change somewhere can lead to a problem like you are having. Starting with the Cessna appears to sometimes help completely bypass these little types of problems and get things back to normal.

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for your help.

I think I solved the problem by going back to my created Default FS9 flight, instead of the default one. Nevertheless I wont sing victory just yet, I´ll keep an eye on it, and keep you guys posted.

Thank you.

In the case of the PSS aircraft, it is mandatory. If the avionics have not been set on in the default flight, you'll have erratic and odd problems.

DJ

Thank you very much for your help.

I think I solved the problem by going back to my created Default FS9 flight, instead of the default one. Nevertheless I wont sing victory just yet, I´ll keep an eye on it, and keep you guys posted.

Thank you.