Sign in to follow this  
adamgd

Removing the 430 bezel

I have been using the Reality 430 GPS for a while by itself on a full sized monitor but I recently added the Desktop Aviators gps panel with a small 7" monitor. When I searched the internet I found one suggestion that needs a window created in the panel configuration file but I can't get it to work at the moment. I also found a reference that says there is a setting in the pro pack of the GPS that lets you do it, I have not been able to find this.

I was aware of the limited support for this product when I bought it but I saw the recent posts here and thought I would give it a try.

You cannot removed the bezel, but you can make the gauge bigger than the window definition, which will in fact cut off the bezel and show the screen only, if that is what you want.

All the buttons and knobs are on the bezel.. so not sure what you are trying to accomplish..

Bert

The capability to remove the GNS bezel is only in the professional version for X-Plane, not in the FS version.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Bert, I am building a mini cockpit panel. I wish I could upload a photo of what I have so far but I can't figure out how.

Jean Luc, can you remove the bezel in GNS530v2? Doing it the way Bert is advising but removing the bezel would be even better in X Plane10.

Bert, I am building a mini cockpit panel. I wish I could upload a photo of what I have so far but I can't figure out how.

My comments are for the FSX version, not XPlane..

Bert

Jean Luc, can you remove the bezel in GNS530v2? Doing it the way Bert is advising but removing the bezel would be even better in X Plane10.

Yes! It used to be a professional version feature only, it is now standard in our X-Plane product, both the GNS and the GTN.

We are yet to confirm this for our FS-SEX3D gauges, but there is great chance we now open this feature for everyone.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

How does it work? (removing the bezel)

Never mind, found it. Changed the line in the ini file from

nobezel = false to nobezel = true

Yes! It used to be a professional version feature only, it is now standard in our X-Plane product, both the GNS and the GTN.

We are yet to confirm this for our FS-SEX3D gauges, but there is great chance we now open this feature for everyone.

That would be very nice!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS