Sign in to follow this  
adamgd

GPS is not controlling the HSI

Well I know that this simulator has been out of production for a long time but I still use it because I have spent a lot of money on add on stuff that I like use. One of the most recent additions was the Reality 430 GPS. I got it installed without much trouble but I found out that it will not control the HSI on a few of the planes that I have installed such as the Carenado Cessna 210 and Cessna 337. The GPS functions just like it should with the Reality GPS controlling com/nav 1 radio frequencies including the source for eather VLOC/GPS of the GPS but the CDI will simply not follow the flight plan of the Reality GPS. I have tried several times to use the GPS configuration tool and I even reinstalled the aircraft in question but it still will not work.

One thing that is interesting is that I have other aircraft from Caenado that are older that I have no problem at all using the GPS.

If anyone has the same aircraft and had this problem and fixed it I like to hear what you did to fix it. I emailed Carenado about it and they said they where working on a fix for their aircraft but the patch will only be for FSX/P3D.

Which version of FS are you using here?

Are you talking about FS9?

My C337 in FSX requires a GNS530, not 430.. not sure what you are experiencing..

Do you have more than one GPS unit in the airplane?

Bert

Mouse over the GNS430 memory card slot with Tooltips enabled.

It will tell you the "active navigation device".

You can toggle it by right-clicking on the memory card slot.

Bert

the same problem, the plane no longer follows the gps of RXP so before everything was fine! I installed reinstall, read the PDF, nothing works, someone would have a solution thank you

@Bel Hi, same problem? then same questions as above. Please provide more details (versions, sim etc...)

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

first of all thank you for your express answer, for more detail I do not know why my RXP no longer works on FSX in addition I uninstalled and reinstalled the product but nothing works, I mean that the plane can no longer follow GPS mode, so before everything was fine, and my second problem I bought another RXP on xplane but it causes problems with software that installs without my knowledge called Reshade, the latter blocks directly X-plane  : Google translation french english thank's sir ! 

Edited by Bel
mistake

1 hour ago, Bel said:

with software that installs without my knowledge called Reshade,

I can tell you this is not something which gets installed from a RXP installer. Something else is going on with your system.

Nonetheless, you're still not answering: what sim? what RXP GNS product/version? If this is the GNS V2, why you're not posting in the GNS V2 dedicated forum and what do the GNS V2 log files are saying? (see RXP GNS 2 Manual for file/path).

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I bought the GNS530 software over a year ago and it was excellent then now wander !! it is the same problem, the plane does not follow the GPS, in addition I uninstalled everything and I reinstalled again on FSX and the same problem also on X-plane, here is the GNS is displayed black and does not light !

@Bel You have to stop cross posting otherwise it won't help us helping you.

Can you please start 'seeing' the above prior posting in a new unrelated discussion or creating a new discussion about the same topic?

[update] you've once more cross-posted the same message and it is against our forum rules. This is the last warning prior permanent ban.

Please review our forum rules and guidelines prior posting again:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/770-guidelines-rules-faq/

Then please answer the question we're already asked you, otherwise, I don't see how we can help you.

Edited by RXP

I apologize again, I understand how to solve the problem but how to do it is not easy, my GPS has become annoying, I believe since its reinstalation with update I think, question how can I restore it initially without any update thank you! and I count on you because it was not easy for me to buy it from Algeria from your site, it's a whole story a thousand thanks   !! Google translation French English :)) 

Hi,

The latest version is the only one to use. Any other issue you're mentioning, like 'Reshade', has nothing to do with RXP software at all.

The only issue is 'Reshade' adding its own layer between your video card drivers and the simulator which might cause issues when displaying our GUI Settings Panel because it can't manage two windows as it seems (the main simulator window AND our Settings Panel window).

Again, state your simulator version, your OS version, read the RXP Manual troubleshooting section and report content of the RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path).

Without this information it is useless asking for help because we can't magically know what is happening on your computer.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1