Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How do we delete aircraft?

Guest cliffie1931

I have a number of aircraft in my "hanger" that I never use. Some I'd downloaded intentionally and others (such as helicopters and ground vehicles) found their way in without my wanting them.What is the simplest way to get rid of them?Cliff

If it is a complete aircraft (as opposed to a repaint) then go to FS9/aircraft and delete the specific folder.If it is a repaint then go the generic aircraft folder, and delete the specific texture.xxx folder, and then delete the [fltsm.x] entry in the aircraft.cfg file.Make sure if you delete a [fltsm.x] entry, that all your other entries run consecutively from [fltsm.0] with no missing numbers.

Peter Schluter

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks for the tip. I'll follow your instructions.Regards,Cliff

Guest Rockcliffe

You might want to download the latest version (2.8.5) of Flightsim Manager, which was uploaded to Avsim today. It does many things, including allowing you to remove aircraft temporarily to a virtual hangar so they can be reloaded again if you wish. It also crosschecks gauges, sounds, effects, etc., so that you don't inadvertently delete something that is shared with another aircraft.BlairCYOW

Guest ThrottleUp

Burn them all to CD and free up more space on your HD :) That way you have never lost the plane but have gained space to put more planes on hee hee hee. Its what I have done (well except for the default planes which I have deleted permanently).

Guest cliffie1931

Blair maybe you can advise me a bit further.The version of Flightsim Manager in the library is 2.4.0.For the latest version 2.8.5 we are referred to http://www.ranainside.comWhen reaching that site I'm faced with a message reading: "You are not authorised to use this page"If I download the older version 2.4.0 will that be okay?Regards,Cliff

Guest cliffie1931

Bingo! Downloaded and installed. Now for the fun of learning how to us it.Many thanks.Cliff