Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

ASCA Clouds - Amazing Work

These are just stunning clouds from the ASCA software in 2k resolution combined with AS16 weather engine.   Wish I could actually fly up into them but my aircraft is grounded because of VAS issues.   But I can still take some nice screen caps of partial flights!

Perfect-Clouds1.png

Perfect-Clouds2.png

Perfect-Clouds3.png

Perfect-Clouds4.png

Perfect-Clouds5.png

Perfect-Clouds6.png

• Upvote 6

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Is AS causing the VAS issues or is it just an overloaded sim?  Has ASCA been greatly improved?  I saw the early shots and they weren't so good. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is AS causing the VAS issues or is it just an overloaded sim?  Has ASCA been greatly improved?  I saw the early shots and they weren't so good. 

No.  Other things are.   Though it is certainly not helping since I have 2k res textures on but hey if Rob can run it in 2k I should be able too also right?  That's the theory anyway.   

I was not around for early ASCA/AS16.  This is post Hotfixes and updates.   You tell me if you think it looks good.  I think it looks absolutely stunning and ultra realistic and this isn't even Dynamic Mode.  This is the theme Armageddon at work.   Keep in mind, there is a PTA shader tweak running on this too.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I think those cloud shots look great. I've been running 1024 DXT. Maybe I'll try the higher rez and enjoy as much as I can before the OOM monster eats everything.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

You tell me if you think it looks good. I think it looks absolutely stunning and ultra realistic and this isn't even Dynamic Mode.

They all look good but I like the first and last the most...seem the most realistic.  Dynamic mode seems like it would open new possibilities.  I'd absolutely love to see the ability to set the sky based on whether conditions (from a set of sky textures that you select).  It'd really open up the environment.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wow, 1, 2 ,3 and 4 could be photographs from any real aviation site!

Nice shots Brian, just started using PTA myself.  More improvements coming down the pipes for ASCA.  I have been reading about the VAS issues, hopefully that will be resolved soon.

\Robert Hamlich/

Nice shots Brian, just started using PTA myself.  More improvements coming down the pipes for ASCA.  I have been reading about the VAS issues, hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Me too.  I barely survived a short trip from KLIT to KDAL with KDAL being an AFCAD and not a payware.  That is the ONLY reason I didn't bomb to desktop.    That short trip over photoreal scenery with NO autogen use to leave me with almost a 800megs free (and that's WITH being outside the plane to take screencaps).   I pulled up to the gate in KDAL with 267megs left....   @_@   Same add-ons as I used in 3.2.   But obviously its my add-ons fault.   *rolls eyes*   

100454.png

Brian Navy

Those clouds are indeed stunning!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.