Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

G2xpl can this corrupt video drivers?

I tried the free demo version of G2xpl. It appeared to do some amazing work with file down loads but the scenery looked the same after it had finished. I tried a couple of areas in North America, KSTS and KTVL.

The next day my X Plane would not load. Nothing I tried worked. Application hang on load screen.

So I downloaded a fresh copy of X Plane 10.50. Same issue now with the new, plain vanilla download, with nothing added. Application hang X Plane won't load?

I have a ticket open with support, but in the meantime I am exploring what changed with g2xpl.

Needless to say I have deleted everything relating to G2xpl. But all attempts to load X Plane now fail.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards

David

Did you look in your X-Plane log file to see what the problem might be? It´s called log.txt and can be found in your X-Plane install folder.

Did you look in your X-Plane log file to see what the problem might be? It´s called log.txt and can be found in your X-Plane install folder.

Yes and I sent a copy to X Plane support. They found nothing wrong with the log. They suggested it may be video driver connected. So I installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Still no joy!

Some more errors are surfacing. Most recent is a Ntdll error??

So something was not right.

Regards

David.

Yes and I sent a copy to X Plane support. They found nothing wrong with the log. They suggested it may be video driver connected. So I installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Still no joy!

Some more errors are surfacing. Most recent is a Ntdll error??

So something was not right.

Regards

David.

Have you tried uninstalling G2XPL?

Have you tried uninstalling G2XPL?

Maybe use a Cleaner program to clean out your old Graphic Drivers like DDU Driver Display Uninstaller Then reinstall your Graphics Driver http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I removed all traces of G2xpl. It did not work. It did some frantic de compiling and re compiling and resulted in no change to the scenery. When I tried to re load X Plane the next day, I could only load North America. Any other location selected would hang the loading sequence.

Days later and having drawn a blank with X Plane support, I deleted the X Plane install. I downloaded a new X Plane.

The new "vanilla" X Plane would not load past the first splash screen. Hang error every time. Since this was a clean install I have no idea what was causing the .exe to hang.

I used Appcrashview but only "hung" B1 came up.

New drivers resulted in the same hang.

I can only surmise that some sort if malicious hack is preventing the X Plane.exe from loading. Since there is no trace of G2xpl anywhere I am stumped!

I have now deleted XP from my system.

Interestingly, (perhaps purely coincidentally) I began to suffer NTDLL crashes with my P3d install?

As panic began to set in......

I have used Ccleaner, Malwarebytes and a full anti virus sweep. I reinstalled the NVidia drivers. Now all seems back to normal with my P3d running sweetly and UT2 performing great...Thanks Poppet!:-)

Lesson learned, I will never use 3rd party free (donationware) programs again! Sadly I have lost X Plane, but I will wait a year or two before looking at it again. It was the desire to improve its (Un 64 bit like) scenery that started all this in the first place!

Regards

David.

• Upvote 1