Sign in to follow this  
GaryK

Is it time to Ditch my Saitek X45

My X45 is in perfect mechanical condition, it's clean and looks like new. Unfortunately the 64 bit programming software doesn't work on my win7 64 bit system. If I try the software it causes a BSD. The mode switches don't work either, presumably because I can't program them. The standard response curve on stick and rudder is terrible with way too much action around the center position. Very occasionally it goes laggy and responds about 8 seconds after input, I'm not sure if this last issue is a joystick or system problem.

I'm not comfortable with the modern throw away culture so I would like to resolve these issues before I give in and bin an otherwise perfectly good stick.

Any suggestions? 

P3D V3.4

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

......Time to ditch then.

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

P3D is 32bit sim yes? Can you run 32bit Saitek X45 software in compatibility mode or some such?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks Donor, That's worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes. ☺

Yes, I looked at FSUIPC yesterday. It does offer the chance to adjust response curves. I'm not sure it will enable the mode switch though, perhaps someone can confirm that?

Another consideration is the 28 euros that it costs for the full licence which I think I need for stick programing. OK it's not much in itself but it is a significant proportion of the cost of a new stick.

I also muck about with other sims/games like Elite Dangerous. I presume FSUIPC doesn't work with them? 

....Thanks for the suggestion, it may be an option.  :smile: 

I think I may have found a solution that gives me a better response curve. This is a fix I vaguely remember from FSX days. I added stick_sensitivity_mode=0 to the control section of the config. This seems to have given more control of sensitivities and a more linear response.

I'll play with it and see if it's a worthwhile improvement.

This freebie may help with programming switches..

http://joytokey.net/en/

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for that suggestion Mark, I'll take a look. :smile: