Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Dual Monitor Display and FS Navigator Question

Guest machammer

I have a video card with the ability to hande two monitors. The setup went fine. I have read here about people running FS2004 on one monitor and FS Navigator on the other. I can start FS2004 on the fiest monitor and drag it to the 2nd. What I can figure out is how you get FS Navigator to run on one monitor and FS2004 to run on the other. Both monitors are attached to the same computer. When I hit F9 FS Navigator comes up fine. I can drag FS2004/FS Navigator to either monitor but can't get them to run on separate monitors What am I missing?Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Hello,What I do (I have 3 monitors on 2 vid cards)when FS9 is running, I start FSNav (F9) it will load in full window on the primary monitor then Ctrl + F9 and FSNav "jumps" to the secondary monitor.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Have you tried undocking FSNavigator? In FSNavigator click on Options and then remove the check mark from Docked Window by clicking on it. That will then let you drag FSNavigator over to the second monitor leaving FS9 behind on the primary monitor.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest machammer

Emile and Doug,Thank you both. Both of your answers work. Not being the smartest guy in the world. I've had this computer for over 2 years and didn't realize I had this capability. I had an extra monitor that wasn't being used and decided to try it.With both your help I'm a happy camper.Thanks again.Bill

I think you will soon get hooked on using both monitors Bill. Not just for flight sim but for lots of "normal" stuff too. For example, it's really nice at times to be able to drag one webpage onto the second monitor while viewing another one on the primary. And I've found many times that having two copies of Windows Explorer open at the same time on different monitors made moving files and folders around much easier. Another thing I usually do when running FS9 is to use half of the second monitor screen for FSNavigator and the other half for undocked gauges (usually the radio stack and/or GPS). Lots of possibilities there. Have fun...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.