Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

FALSE ALARM! DTG Flight Simulator to be released...

Just got a message about the releasedate when downloading the latest issue of PC Pilot on my iPad.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Just got a message about the releasedate when downloading the latest issue of PC Pilot on my iPad.

That's interesting. There's not even a message about this on the DTG FB and twitter as far as I can see. I wonder if this was an inadvertent 'Oops'? :)

The date ties in with Stephen's mentioning of December recently although it doesn't leave much time to fix any major hiccups before Christmas. I just hope DTG have done a better job of testing than seemed to happen for Flight School.

Any guesses on pricing?

Give people power to really test their personality.

It was part of a message alerting me about Issue 106 now being available. It had a ref. to the PC Pilot website, but no mention there yet either.

Great news if this date is correct!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Oh! This is quite surprised, I originally thought the launch date is within next year.

Martin had previously confirmed that they'd launch by Christmas.

Of course the key thing is what's going to be in the initial release, closely followed by some sort of roadmap for the following years. Equally what's this super duper thing that will, according to Martin, explain the delay in giving any info about the sim.

My guess is part of the delay has been agreeing a contract for whatever it is. After the embarrassment of repeated delays agreeing the contract for Orbx global base I imagine DTG are keen to avoid a repeat.

Give people power to really test their personality.

As much as I like ORBX I'd rather see dovetail having their own global terrain experts working on new and better textures. The ORBX landclass textures are not without flaws. 

It will also be interesting to see if they can make a better SDK to spawn a wider interest in scenery creation etc. 

• Upvote 1

It will also be interesting to see if they can make a better SDK to spawn a wider interest in scenery creation etc. 

From what has been said so far, it looks like they're trying to make development more accessible than it was before. That would be great, as it would mean more freeware and payware developers.

XP11 November and the new DTG in December both 64 bit - things are shaping up for a great holiday season for flightsimmers.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

From what has been said so far, it looks like they're trying to make development more accessible than it was before. That would be great, as it would mean more freeware and payware developers.

I'm not seeing any evidence of this... Not even a bit.  There's been absolutely ZERO contact from DTG to any dev that I know of on this subject... So, unless I missed the memo, please let me know where you got that info...

Thanks

C

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I'm not seeing any evidence of this... Not even a bit.  There's been absolutely ZERO contact from DTG to any dev that I know of on this subject... So, unless I missed the memo, please let me know where you got that info...

Thanks

C

That was my concern. I think it's time for developers start looking at the X-Plane 11 with other eyes. I think that's the future especially with what I've seen so far. 

Or we will be another 10 years in a platform with only minor improvements but lack of realism.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't change the fact that we've not been contacted and neither has anyone else we know. And that's a fair amount of devs...

Any other devs willing to comment?

• Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.