Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

FALSE ALARM! DTG Flight Simulator to be released...

Doesn't change the fact that we've not been contacted and neither has anyone else we know. And that's a fair amount of devs...

Any other devs willing to comment?

Someone from PMDG told me that they had been contacted, but couldn't provide any details.

We also know Orbx has a relationship with DTG...If the above is true, I surmise they're only contacting the "larger" developers for now?  

Matt King

We got an email months ago telling us they would be in touch. Since then, nada

Plus, I'd hardly call us "small"... would you?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

We got an email months ago telling us they would be in touch. Since then, nada

Plus, I'd hardly call us "small"... would you?

Relative to PMDG, Orbx and Aerosoft....yes.  However, that doesn't mean I don't think your team isn't capable;  In fact, I enjoy your airplanes very much!  Hopefully, they'll fulfill their intent and contact your team in the near future.  Then again, whose to say DTG will garner enough of the market-share for your team to invest their critical resources?  I suspect they'll fail, ala Flight, if they don't include ALL developers...

Time will tell...

Matt King

Less than two months until launch, and I can't even find a trailer for this game, and more sadly, not even a screenshot, never mind a video, not even a dedicated website featuring this new flight sim...

maybe I am too pessimistic, but maybe I have seen this many times before...I don't believe in the: "no news is good news" line when a company is trying to sell something.

I'll try to hold judgement, but so far, I am confused about the quietness of this game; with out even one ad out yet, and this is suppose to be a holiday release competing against other holiday gifts and things people could buy with their money.

Even Rockstar has a trailer for their new Red Dead Redemption 2 game, and that's not going to be released until the fall of 2017 - over a year from now.

• Upvote 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Less than two months until launch, and I can't even find a trailer for this game, and more sadly, not even a screenshot, never mind a video, not even a dedicated website featuring this new flight sim...

maybe I am too pessimistic, but maybe I have seen this many times before...I don't believe in the: "no news is good news" line when a company is trying to sell something.

Whatever and whenever they will show something, I am pretty sure that rejection will surpass acceptance. There are many reasons for that and I don't want to go in depth now. More than two years of threads here convinced me that this will be at least the initial reaction. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

• Upvote 2

Already the naysayers and moaners have started to come out, without a trailer nor a picture in sight

• Upvote 8

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Well, i will try to be more optimistic :-)

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

I was sure I read on the other threads that many dev's are working on projects for it albeit very quietly. Havnt heard anything about it perhaps under strict NDA. But for this new FS to take off, it will surely need some good addons to release shortly after or maybe at release. Remember it's really the addons that will make or break it and acceptance of the community. If the roadmap has a strong foundation of supported features, I see no reason to discredit it day 1. Few months after release should mold how things will evolve for better or worse.

Edited by HighTowers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I was sure I read on the other threads that many dev's are working on projects for it albeit very quietly. Havnt heard anything about it perhaps under strict NBA.

Yes, they must be under the National Basketball Association  :P

But yeah, you're probably right.

Yes, they must be under the National Basketball Association  :P

But yeah, you're probably right.

Haha just noticed. In my defense it was first post very early in the morning without coffee. :P

CYVR LSZH 

After the very mediocre experience with Flight School, I was honestly hoping for them to reconsider and delay well into 2017, because I don't think they've had enough time to truly leap forward from Flight School. I do understand they need to make money and christmas sales are obviously important in this business, but putting out a release date with nothing to show for ain't a good sign to me.

I'd love to proven wrong, but at this this point (still FSX:SE user), I'm more excited to try XP11 as a new platform.

Probably they want to avoid a repeat of last time when they revealed screenshots before release which didn't get great feedback. I just hope they have done something better with the sky colours, lighting and clouds. Let's see. With X-Plane 11 around the corner now, it will be some stiff competition for them unless they come up with something substantially different than what's offered already in Prepar3d although I expect they will be targeting a slightly different audience in general probably trying to appeal to casual gamers as well proper simmers.

Even if it is eventually equal with respects to prepar3d, thats fine with me. Just because P3D is labelled a corporate/commercial oriented sim platform, some devs feel its justified to charge all that much more because of licensing fees or whatever relative to mainstream FSX addons. Its getting a little out of hand.  In theory, as a consumer entertainment product, one would hope that addon prices would come back down to something more reasonable. Of course all this depends on if and how DTGFS morphs into a mainstream sim.

CYVR LSZH 

Just got a message about the releasedate when downloading the latest issue of PC Pilot on my iPad.

Unfortunately what you saw was a bug in the app. The release it is  talking about is FSX: SE. It is an old message from a couple of years ago, and nothing to do with the new sim. 

You can see the message here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1E9nd7CRqTHV1prNERYbnJVVkE/view

- Martin 

• Upvote 1