Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Share your GA aircraft profiles for Pro-ATC/X

Does anyone have the following GA planes that they can share their profiles:

A2A Cessna 182

A2A Cessna 172

Realair Lancair Legacy Turbo

Carenado Phenom 100/300

I notice a few things missing in the Aircraft editor in the latest 1.8.5.0 of PATCX. You cannot set the engine type and a few other things such as engine, fuel, cruising speed, etc... I'm referring to this picture which is from an old version of PATCX.

ProATCXEditProfileScreen.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Google the aircraft specs and then fill them in. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Does ProATCX work well with GA?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Does ProATCX work well with GA?

I flew GA aircraft the last couple of months when I was a beta tester for PATC, and had no problems at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I flew GA aircraft the last couple of months when I was a beta tester for PATC, and had no problems at all.

I didn't think it did.  That'd be good news.  Do they have a demo?  Would want to try it before plunking down another 50 for an ATC program.  I have 2 on my harddrive now that are never used.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Do they have a demo

No they havnt

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No they havnt

That's a shame.

Gregg Seipp

I didn't think it did.  That'd be good news.  Do they have a demo?  Would want to try it before plunking down another 50 for an ATC program.  I have 2 on my harddrive now that are never used.

Well, it does work now with GA but only for IFR. And it only works now because you can select airports without SID and STAR now and because it can vector you to the FAF on airports without a STAR. That's it. (Although that's already quite something). The ATC itself still is geared towards IFR airliners (sort of proven by the fact that there are no GA profiles included) so you can't ask them for flight following etc. Pure IFR and being able to use it for GA is a free (and so it seems accidental) bonus.

P.S. The above may sounds a bit negative but (after some initial problems with the new version) I really love ProATC!!!

Well, it does work now with GA but only for IFR. And it only works now because you can select airports without SID and STAR now and because it can vector you to the FAF on airports without a STAR. That's it. (Although that's already quite something). The ATC itself still is geared towards IFR airliners (sort of proven by the fact that there are no GA profiles included) so you can't ask them for flight following etc. Pure IFR and being able to use it for GA is a free (and so it seems accidental) bonus.

P.S. The above may sounds a bit negative but (after some initial problems with the new version) I really love ProATC!!!

Thanks for that review Jeroen.  Seems to me that the ATC software is improving...slowly.  From what I read on ProATC/X it's getting better along with the others. 

Gregg Seipp