Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

What happened to Lou Betti Dreamfleet?

I was just thinking to my self "What ever happened to Lou Betti & Dreamfleet?" I see they still have a website but they have not developed anything in more then a decade. I remember back in the days of FS2000 & FS2002 Dreamfleet was the premier go to developer for MS FlightSimulator. The PMDG of that time. Who can forget the brilliant 737-400, ATR-72 and 727 series. Did they sink due to an unprofitable business and small market that is FS?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Lou and I spoke a few times at the RTM of FSX. He indicated then that he didn't wish to make the transition from FS9 to FSX, so he gradually phased out production..

That 737 was a jewel for the time. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Yes the 737-400 was the first payware I ever bought. Very much ahead of its time. The 727 that followed it for FS9 I still fly regularly today.

The ATR is also a great aircraft, but sadly nothing to do with the Dreamfleet gang.

Peter Schluter

From old posts on the AOPA forum, he was disgusted with FS and most folks associated with it. I haven't looked in a number of years but he used to hang out over there quite a bit.

DJ

Strangely, I get regular messages from LinkedIn that 'do you know Lou Betti, CEO of Dreamfleet'. I've no FS related stuff in my LinkedIn profile or connections.

sigfile_dva.png

Lou's C182 cockpit panel is what got me started on cockpits and avionics  :smile:

Brilliant for its time..

Bert

For years the DF Dakota was at its own class and my personal favorite.

I remember also how long it takes til I accepted that the Turbo version will never arrive.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

The Archer, the Dakota... In my memory these are the A2A GA's of FS9.

Yes the 737-400 was the first payware I ever bought. Very much ahead of its time. The 727 that followed it for FS9 I still fly regularly today.

The ATR is also a great aircraft, but sadly nothing to do with the Dreamfleet gang.

They most certainly did! Dreamfleet developed the ATR for Flight1. In this interview Lou mentions it.

the http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/news_pcpilot34.htm

Pete Richards

Strangely, I get regular messages from LinkedIn that 'do you know Lou Betti, CEO of Dreamfleet'. I've no FS related stuff in my LinkedIn profile or connections.

These days your browsing/calendar/phone contacts etc are all comunicating with each other. Whenever I go to my doctor's surgery, facebook via my iphone is always asking if I want to be friends with him. It can only be picking that up from registering that his phone is nearby and that his name is in my calendar.

They most certainly did! Dreamfleet developed the ATR for Flight1. In this interview Lou mentions it.

the http://www.dreamflee...s_pcpilot34.htm

I did not realise that. There is no mention of the Dreamfleet name on eith the F1 ATR page or the forum. So that is why the ATR is such a good sim too.

Peter Schluter

The DF727 stands out as my favorite airplane right next to the Ready for Pushback 747 Classic in all of flight sim. it had everything the systems, atmosphere, great graphics. RFP also disappeared after the transition from FS9 to FSX.

The only light aircraft I owned from DF was the Cessna 310

Pete Richards

7 Charlie Mike. Lou comped a few of his products to me back then. I should look up my FS2004 disks and revisit some of that stuff... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The DF727 stands out as my favorite airplane right next to the Ready for Pushback 747 Classic in all of flight sim. it had everything the systems, atmosphere, great graphics. RFP also disappeared after the transition from FS9 to FSX.

That was Paul Golding's project. He was planning on revising it for FSX, but his modeler (Eric Cantu) dropped out of FS and he really didn't want to start over. Darn shame. He's still around on the Aerosoft forums from time to time.

DJ