This is the PC i bought

cpu-7700k

gpu- titan x pascal

motherboard-maximus VIII hero LGA1151

Ram- 2666 MHZ 16G ddr4

Power supply- 1000 watt

SSD- samsung evo 850 500G

And water cooling

I just hope run pmdg 777 at Flytampa CYYZ with AS2016 around 25 fps on final approach

Your thought

Philippe Tremblay

Hello!

Excellent system. I would imagine more than 25fps easily. However how you bought the 7700K? its not yet released as far as I know..

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Thoughts are it was a waste of money to buy that graphics card if all you use is p3d. And yeah the 7700 isnt out yet, by the time it is i wouldnt be surprised to see the 1080ti being out with the same perf as the titan xp with a far lower price.

Yeah my mistake that the 6700k

The 1080 gtx is 1000$ in CAD and the titan pascal is 1450 CAD the 1080ti would be around 1200$ for the 200$ difference for the next 5-6 years i go for the pascal

Your money, your choice, you wanted opinions on your pc, i would have put that 200 to the formula or extreme motherboard.

The difference between the 1080 (probably even the 1070 and 1060) and titan in p3d will be next to nothing.

Your money, your choice, you wanted opinions on your pc, i would have put that 200 to the formula or extreme motherboard.

The difference between the 1080 (probably even the 1070 and 1060) and titan in p3d will be next to nothing.

I like your idea for the motherboard and for the 1080ti...i need to be patient the ti is not release yet

You seem to be spending a lot of money, why not bump up the RAM to 3400mhz for not much more.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

This is the PC i bought

cpu-7700k

gpu- titan x pascal

motherboard-maximus VIII hero LGA1151

Ram- 2666 MHZ 16G ddr4

Power supply- 1000 watt

SSD- samsung evo 850 500G

And water cooling

I just hope run pmdg 777 at Flytampa CYYZ with AS2016 around 25 fps on final approach

Your thought

Philippe Tremblay

Titan - Unnecessary.  Costly. Not required.

1000 watt PSU - Assuming not SLI. Overkill. Not required. 650 - 850 is more than enough.

agreed, id rather get a lower power nice modular supply for easy cable management. cards are more efficient these days, i have a 1050 xfx supply and its great, but with the way things are going, ill never need it, but when i bought it i did (almost)

Unless you want built-in WiFi and more bling, IMHO you're just wasting money on anything above the Hero VIII (but, of course I'm biased). As Guru3D said on their Formula review: "the reason why we talk about the RGB lighting system so much is that 90% of this release really is what this mobo is all about". For the Extreme, they said "I am not sure if the extra 150 bucks would be worth the price premium over the Maximus Hero". You're unlikely to get a bigger overclock with these boards compared to the Hero.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

ok, so now go look at the 'professional' overclockers, see what they use.

I'd much rather spend the extra on a motherboard with extra features, formula for example normally has better audio built in with headphone amps etc. also has a waterblock built into the VRMs, if the op is watercooling, why not?

And the extreme has the front panel for easy system monitoring, and will have more options for tweaking the overclock, ok maybe not for your average user, but its something. It also has lots of nice features for checking and setting the overclock, with extra buttons on the board to reset, retry, etc etc which the lower ones dont. (those were examples, but look on the asus site to compare). i have an external soundcard and as such dont need the formula, so i generally stick with the extreme boards, they work well. if you have good water cooling, why not.

titanxp gives you nothing, absolutely nothing, in this game.

ok, so now go look at the 'professional' overclockers, see what they use.

I'd much rather spend the extra on a motherboard with extra features, formula for example normally has better audio built in with headphone amps etc. also has a waterblock built into the VRMs, if the op is watercooling, why not?

And the extreme has the front panel for easy system monitoring, and will have more options for tweaking the overclock, ok maybe not for your average user, but its something. It also has lots of nice features for checking and setting the overclock, with extra buttons on the board to reset, retry, etc etc which the lower ones dont. (those were examples, but look on the asus site to compare). i have an external soundcard and as such dont need the formula, so i generally stick with the extreme boards, they work well. if you have good water cooling, why not.

All three MBs (Hero, Formula and Extreme) have exactly the same audio capability - SupremeFX 2015 with an ESS ES9023P DAC. They all have the same Pro Clock for more stable overclocking and the same high quality components. Granted the Extreme has the overclocking front panel but the same features are available through the 5-Way Optimization software from within Windows for the Hero and Formula. That said, the Hero has the ROG connector for the front panel so you can add if you really want to. But, as you said, your money, your choice.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

no there are far more options in the bios on the extreme, and like i said extra hardware buttons to aid overclocking and testing, and from what i can see, a better wifi setup. (guru3d review) 5 way optimisation is the beginner level overclocking.

the formula has a headphone amp, the others don't, ergo it has better sound.. if you use headphones! and the waterblock, and aesthetic improvements (subjective)

Point being, what does the titanxp give you in p3d over a 10x0 card... i have listed several things you DO get with a better motherboard. of course you could save the money and get neither, but it was an option.

oh and if you add the panel, why not just get the better board in the first place?

Its more voltage options on the Extreme VIII compared to Hero

Pro Clockers dont use aisuite , they use the standalone TurboVcore a light app.

Hero and all Rog mobos can use that.

But the Hero is more than ok for 99% of the users

Have both mobos