Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

SkyMaxx Pro v4 Announced!

Ta-dahh!

Double your maximum cloud draw area! Big performance improvements allow clouds to be drawn across an area up to 320 km across surrounding your plane. Go ahead and crank up SMP's cloud draw area setting and achieve fast, realistic scenes at FL300 and above.

- Did we mention big performance improvements? SMP4 is faster than ever.

New 3D precipitation system that represents rain, sleet, wet snow, and dry snow - as well as mixed precipitation that responds automatically to the ambient temperature. Precipitation is even lit by your landing lights! And an whole new precipitation control panel lets you tweak its appearance to your own liking.

Precipitation is tied to individual clouds in SMP4. Rain will start and stop realistically as you fly underneath or through the clouds.

All-new "HD Cloud Puffs" overcast representation! Fly through large, thick overcast layers built from real HD cloud photos, without killing your framerate. Overcast clouds have never looked so good from above and below.

Higher-resolution scattered and broken cumulus clouds, with twice the resolution as SMP3.

Cirrus and cirrocumulus clouds now move realistically relative to your plane's motion.

- Works better than ever with Real Weather Connector: more accurate representations of ground fog, thunderstorm placement, and stratus/overcast cloud placement when used with RWC.

- Adjusts lighting on distant cloud puffs at night

...and a few more unannounced features yet to come! default_smile.png

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/11740-skymaxx-pro-v4-announcement/

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

More money...

Information on upgrade eligibility:

SkyMaxx Pro v4 will be a paid upgrade for all current SkyMaxx Pro v3 owners. Those of you who qualify will receive a 50% off ($19.95 instead of $39.95) upgrade discount which will be valid for 60 days from the time SkyMaxx Pro v4 goes on sale. After this, the product will go to full price for all customers.

It's very complicate keep this hobby. :fool: 

I need to make a big decision... Leave X-Plane in use only P3D or Leave P3D and use X-Plane. :t0103:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

My advice is to do nothing until xp11!

I've decided I'm not buying any fs software or making any changes until after xp11 and dovetail are released which means buy nothing til the end of the year which isn't easy!

How often is a new skymaxx released? It feels like they put a new one out every 6 months!

Chris

• Upvote 3

How often is a new skymaxx released? It feels like they put a new one out every 6 months!

It will have been over a year.

Founder of X-Aviation

It's written in the link i gave

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

No offence to the developers of SMP, but I do think we are in need of a free update to the existing V2 instead of releasing a whole new update under the name of V3 which they appear to keep on doing. I too will be holding back until at least December once my wallet has had some rest and we know just what X-Plane 11 can take and what is worth buying for it. 

SkyMaxx Pro is one of the top addons in XP in my book. Certainly worthy of the upgrade price. Looking forward to trying it out with XP11.

• Upvote 1

No offence to the developers of SMP, but I do think we are in need of a free update to the existing V2 instead of releasing a whole new update under the name of V3 which they appear to keep on doing. I too will be holding back until at least December once my wallet has had some rest and we know just what X-Plane 11 can take and what is worth buying for it. 

No offence, but....who are we to judge what the developers should or should not do....Would you let someone else to tell you how to run your business?...I don't think so!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

SkyMaxx Pro v4 will be a paid upgrade for all current SkyMaxx Pro v3 owners. Those of you who qualify will receive a 50% off ($19.95 instead of $39.95) upgrade discount which will be valid for 60 days from the time SkyMaxx Pro v4 goes on sale. After this, the product will go to full price for all customers.

Can we get some more info (Cameron?) on "those who qualify"? Is that 50% price for all current owners of SMP v3 who purchase within 60 days, or what?

I'm sure I'll upgrade but the timing will depend on when X-Plane 11 is released, and what my CC balance looks like in November.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

No offence, but....who are we to judge what the developers should or should not do....Would you let someone else to tell you how to run your business?...I don't think so!

Just voicing my own opinion, not trying to tell them what they should do...

• Upvote 3

I´m an SMP3 customer. As it´s unknown what to expect in XP11 after XP11.0 I will skip SMP4 for now. SMP3 had some free updates, but most were for RWC customers. Maybe would buy when RWC is included. :nea:

Arch

X-Aviation are good folks with nice products,  All the best of luck with your new Release Version to Sky Maxx Pro 

• Upvote 1

20 bucks will be ok for me. So far I was satisfied with SMP.

Hans