Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

SkyMaxx Pro v4 Announced!

@ $20 this one is a no brainer. I hope that my gtx 970 can handle the new features.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

More money...

Information on upgrade eligibility:

SkyMaxx Pro v4 will be a paid upgrade for all current SkyMaxx Pro v3 owners. Those of you who qualify will receive a 50% off ($19.95 instead of $39.95) upgrade discount which will be valid for 60 days from the time SkyMaxx Pro v4 goes on sale. After this, the product will go to full price for all customers.

It's very complicate keep this hobby. :fool:

I need to make a big decision... Leave X-Plane in use only P3D or Leave P3D and use X-Plane. :t0103:

You will spend a lot more on PD3 with all those ADD-ONS you need to buy to make look half way descent. Why anybody would want to spend that kind of money on top of the stutters, blurries, and OOM errors is beyond me. 

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I agree, $20 for existing v3 customers is a no brainer!  It's seems like a very fair price being as it will be upgraded for X-Plane 11.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Is there an assurance it will work be updated for XP11?

Yes, it will, and for free of charge should code changes need to be adjusted from 10 to 11.

Can we get some more info (Cameron?) on "those who qualify"? Is that 50% price for all current owners of SMP v3 who purchase within 60 days, or what?

It is a 50% discount for all v3 customers. "Those who qualify" refers to excluding folks who did NOT ever upgrade to v3 from v1/2. If you are at SkyMaxx Pro v2, then v4 is a full price upgrade.

As it´s unknown what to expect in XP11 after XP11.0 I will skip SMP4 for now

Just keep in mind the 50% offer is limited time for the upgrade. X-Plane 11 will not likely receive massive weather love from Laminar, except for much later down the line. X-Plane 10 was a 5 year run.

SMP3 had some free updates, but most were for RWC customers.

I can think of probably 2 updates in the whole SMP 3 run that were really only geared to RWC customers. Therefore, I disagree with this statement.

@ $20 this one is a no brainer. I hope that my gtx 970 can handle the new features.

If you're running SMP 3 you will have no problems with 4, especially with the faster performance than 3.

Founder of X-Aviation

I do hope they add more realistic looking sunrise/sunset textures in v4.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I really hope fixes for cloud shadows (not working with X-Plane's haze) are coming for v4.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I do hope we finally see improved performance with reduced stuttering. I also hope that the cloud redrawing will one day be eliminated because it still happens occasionally with RWC. One can dream right :)

EDIT

I hope that my wishes above don't sound too negative because I can't wait for SkyMaxx v4.

• Upvote 1

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

My advice is to do nothing until xp11!

I've decided I'm not buying any fs software or making any changes until after xp11 and dovetail are released which means buy nothing til the end of the year which isn't easy!

How often is a new skymaxx released? It feels like they put a new one out every 6 months!

Chris

I consider myself fortunate that I just discovered how much better X-Plane is over P3D on my own system, but I agree that I am not making any purchases to XP10 until XP11 come out and then I will evaluate what I want to add to such a great sim.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

XP11 with these new clouds will be a definate reason to give xplane a real shot this time around.    Those clouds resemble the REX clouds which is a vast step up from previous XP clouds.

Those clouds resemble the REX clouds which is a vast step up from previous XP clouds.

I hope this is true regarding resemblance to REX. I'm not sure they are quite at that level yet from the screenshots I saw.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure they are quite at that level yet

Viewed them on my phone, but they looked good to me.

Are there any screenshots or other information on whether the team at XP has worked on upgrading the weather?  I'm still using default weather in XP and I have to say the clouds don't look all that realistic from below a layer.  Above, they don't look too bad, but as I am taking a more cautious approach to purchasing anything new for XP right now, I'd love to know more and be informed before diving in to a third party add-on yet.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

From the pics it seems that the clouds in the distance are continual 2D clouds rather than "3D" XP-puffs. Is this correct?

So I guess to deal with the problem of rendering enough clouds in the far distance to get clouds up to the horizon this is a FPS-trick mixing up 2D and "3D" clouds?

What happens when I get closer to those 2D cumulus? Will they change into a "3D" puff structure?