Sign in to follow this  
fabs79

some A2A gauges stopped working

Hi again,

sorry to bother you again,but I encountered some issues with the A2A C172 panel builder Addon. A few months ago I had some trouble getting the A2A instruments to work over a network, back then I started this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/491410-can%C2%B4t-get-the-a2a-c172-panel-builder-addon-to-work/

The problem resolved itself somehow without me knowing what I really did. But now, after some changes to my system (updated to Prepar3d 3.4; reduced some overclocking settings due to heat building up, installing and uninstalling a few aircraft and sceneries) the A2A gauges start acting up again, This time it´s a little different though: some gauges still work: the Altimeter, Clock, Flaps Indicator work flawlessly. Others still react to the simulator but with a distinct lag: the Attitude indicator, Heading indicator and Turn indicator only update every few seconds. And then some gauges stopped working completely: the Airspeed indicator, Fuel gauges, Fuel Flow and EGT and some others don`t react at all.

So I´m at a loss what to do next: I already redownloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled the Addon and interface, added exceptions to windows firewall - without luck. My network is not using a Wifi connection (the two computers are linked to a router with LAN cables, and the standard PB gauges are working, so it´s not a network problem). And this time the A2A gauges show the same issues even when I run them on the same PC as Prepar3d. So does anyone have an idea why the gauges are acting up like this? Is there a way to see what data is transferred between the two computers?

Thanks again,

Fabian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A wild guess but do you have simconnect installed properly? A2A planes need it. The SP2 simconnect (which can be found in the P3D/redist folder) should be enough. Again, not a club if this is going to help but maybe reinstalling simconnect will help some.

Are you using the simPlugins FSUIPC A2A Interface?

You have to use this instead of the standard interface otherwise some of the instruments will not work.

Also, when installing the A2A Add-on, it installs a LUA script into the FSUIPC folder called ipcinit.lua. Make sure that this file is in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules

Reinhard, the ipcinit.lua file is present in the FSUIPC folder and I´m using the A2A interface, so that´s not the cause. Is there some kind of program that can test the connection between the gauges and the simulator? To see if data is sent to the gauges?

And I´ll try the simconnect installation the next time I´m at my PC.