Sign in to follow this  
sascha

HU: Momentum Il-76 with VC just released at Avsimrus!

Thanks for the HU, Sascha!

I think there may be quite a load on their server, I am having a second bite at that 420 Mb, having seen a "network failure" halfway through the first round. 

Thanks Sascha. Had no problems downloading the plane; now I have a certain "fear" of testing such a big plane!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. There is also a Tu-134UBL. I think it's developed from the SCS model. 59721-Tu-134-UBL.zip is the file name on avsim.su.

The Ilyushin: crashed my sim and is now GONE

The Beriev:  crashed my sim and is now GONE

Oh dear... hope others have more success and let us see some nice screens! 

I will let you know tomorrow WingZ. Don't really feel like doing much simming tonight (real tired).

The Ilyushin: crashed my sim and is now GONE

The Beriev:  crashed my sim and is now GONE

Oh dear... hope others have more success and let us see some nice screens! 

Tried the Momentum Il-76 but wasn't prepared to install it correctly as I would've overwritten a number of files already in my FS. I didn't overwrite anything already in my FS and I put the gauges in the panel folder, got a bunch of virus warnings for many of the gauges which I ended up letting my AV disregard. Using this method of installation resulted in a crash as well.

Mark Daniels

Oh dear. Maybe it is a hoax. Will try today.

Well I found no viruses but I get a CTD when loading the Il-76 into the sim. Displays in selection though.

Well I found no viruses but I get a CTD when loading the Il-76 into the sim. Displays in selection though.

Looks like it would be a good aircraft so hopefully someone gets it going or the author fixes what is likely one simple file/gauge causing the crash. Regarding the virus warnings, I didn't take them as serious and why I let everything go through. All the warnings were related to gauges which will typically set off some AV software. My method of installation certainly didn't guarantee success either so I wouldn't count my attempt as any true indication if the aircraft has a problem or not. It simply told me this is one aircraft that requires careful installation if I ever intend to install it in the future as it overwrites my FS files and doesn't appear to work if I don't.

Mark Daniels

Sweet bird. No issues with CTD but i could actually see why many reported this problem. Textures are extremely high.

Original textures:

jHc8WuC.jpg

azpfITG.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified Textures:

SsPTSWL.jpg

kswXjaX.jpg

This maybe the source to the problem. I shrunk the textures down using bmp2dxt3 then topped it off with Peter Nyman's dxtfixerx.

I uploaded the modified textures to my Dropbox and can be obtained here if you like. -----> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/djlstegubpeeix9/AAC8JY5LPGuyrzCIc4O3xq76a?dl=0

8D9xNj6.jpg

Cheers n Beers.

• Upvote 1

Great work Benzhangar! I think your assumptions and converted files could be right on the money to fix the problems.

Mark Daniels

I got both planes to work also, but the only the I did was change the [FLTSIM.0] (was in upper case) to [fltsim.0] (changed lower case).

PS: the Tu-134 UBL is a very nice plane also. No problems with that one.

Looks great Benzhangar, I'll get your files this evening and report back. I so hope I will get this working!

No joy. I still get a CTD. I can hear Engine sound for a second but at the point where the sim should load the visuals Boom!