Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

More Caucasus mountain flying

From Mestia to Sochi and then to Tbilisi with the LET L-410.

161017%20L-410%20UGMS1_zpsnf6diuy6.jpg

161017%20L-410%20UGMS2_zpsodntqfdy.jpg

The peaks of Elbrus and Dongusorun

161017%20L-410%20UGMS4_zpsxjer2iya.jpg

The Black Sea coast

161017%20L-410%20UGMS5_zpsba6acqmb.jpg

Approaching Sochi

161017%20L-410%20UGMS8_zpsscptqwzb.jpg

Resting at Sochi airport

161017%20L-410%20UGMS12_zps9qhitugn.jpg

... and up in the air again.

161021%20L-410%20URSS2_zpsbrbu0cwc.jpg

161021%20L-410%20URSS3_zpsyddoxqb0.jpg

Weather!?

161021%20L-410%20URSS5_zpsqwyecwm5.jpg

Elbrus comes into sight - this time seen from the north

161021%20L-410%20URSS6_zpsaj8ns4nf.jpg

The Besingi "wall" massive in the background

161021%20L-410%20URSS8_zpshzvxtage.jpg

161021%20L-410%20URSS10_zpsppqss9cd.jpg

An island...

161021%20L-410%20URSS11_zpsk1mzmxug.jpg

Mt. Kazbek/Mkinvartsveri

161021%20L-410%20URSS12_zpsqoclcf1s.jpg

Near Tbilisi

161021%20L-410%20URSS14_zpsvqu5qqaj.jpg

161021%20L-410%20URSS15_zpsi8mwfrmy.jpg

161021%20L-410%20URSS16_zpsloq9dh6p.jpg

161021%20L-410%20URSS18_zps39xrps3l.jpg

Have fun!

Regards,

Harald

• Upvote 2

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Shot no 9 is my favourite but it is really about the whole flight which I enjoyed very much! Thank you Harald.  :Applause:

I love seeing the birds on approach into Sochi. 

Great to see the L-410 getting some airtime. :cool:

Wonderful mountain flying...great sky themes and love the airport traffic and detail!

HLJAMES

Nice, Harald!

Who's that getting the Red Carpet treatment in the background?

Many thanks Ed, HLJames and WingZ!

The red-carpeted plane in the background is a VIP transport of the Ejercito del Aire (Spanish Air Force). I obviously once did strange things with my AI traffic and was very surprised when I saw it parking there...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Aaah... I cannot compete :)

But I know where you are coming from: for some reason I recently decided to assemble a Cubana AI package which now lurks amongst WOAI aircraft entries in my sim.

A dangerous practice... they will pop up in Spain and elsewhere, and surprise me, I know! 

The red-carpeted plane in the background is a VIP transport of the Ejercito del Aire (Spanish Air Force). I obviously once did strange things with my AI traffic and was very surprised when I saw it parking there..

I thought how cool to see an A310 ....especially in a cool livery. :cool:

Very nice shots! Thank you for sharing! The Caucuses looks quite different compared with the Caucuses in DCS world. 
What addon sceneries were you running may I ask? 
Because by the looks of it could this be FS9? As I remember there was a great freeware Sochi scenery back around 2009 with AES compatibility but I don't think this is available for FSX/p3d these days :( 

Sochi scenery back around 2009 with AES compatibility but I don't think this is available for FSX/p3d these days

One needs to think care fully what one wants from a sim before jumping blindly to the latest version.  :Nerd:

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mykel and Nebojsa for your comments!

What addon sceneries were you running may I ask?
Because by the looks of it could this be FS9? As I remember there was a great freeware Sochi scenery back around 2009 with AES compatibility but I don't think this is available for FSX/p3d these days

Oh yes, this is FS9.

Regarding that Sochi scenery from 2007, it had AES support, indeed. I nowadays use a renewed scenery with the new terminal (from avsim.su, compiled by Aleksander Sharunov) that has no AES support. I did request it, but no response so far. Unfortunately, I can't see any Sochi scenery for FSX/P3D.

Other add-ons used:

Tbilisi airport by Alexander Svanidse, available at avsim.su;

Caucasus mesh, also from there;

Own landclass files;

FS9Evo textures by Sascha;

Mestia airport by David Hilker for FSX/P3D, converted to FS9 by myself (both versions are work in progress, not (yet) available)

A dangerous practice... they will pop up in Spain and elsewhere, and surprise me, I know!

I thought how cool to see an A310 ....especially in a cool livery. :cool:

In my younger days I did a lot of such dangerous things, especially with A310s, B727s, Yaks and Il-62s, and maybe there's some more surprise at the next flights...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Excellent, Harald. I loved traveling along. If you allow me, I attach here two photos that I took a few years back, when I traveled in the L-410 in the Philippines

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Bernd, of course I allow! Cool pictures. Which location, which airline?

The L-410 is a great plane, only sometimes I miss an autopilot...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Which location, which airline?

The location was Busuanga, the only airport, or should I say rural airstrip, in Palawan. And the airline is called Sea Air, owned by Iren Dornier, the nephew of THE Claude Dornier. Luckily I met this guy a few times. Most interesting fellow.

Can you believe that he convinced some years ago the "Deutsche Museum" in Munich that the Dornier Do-24 at display in the museum actually was promised by his grandfather to him. So they released the plane to him, of course in non-flying condition, as it was a static display. He had shipped it to the Philippines, where it was fully restored by his team and made airworthy again. The only nod to modern aviation was the installation of three modern turbo-props, the renovation of the old engines was just not feasible, although he still retains them of course. Nav aids are of course also top notch. Luckily I managed to fly in this plane twice over Manila, which carries now a Filipino registration "PR-C2403". I attach two photo here. I think you'll find many more on the internet

0582795.jpg

0974316.jpg

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Yes Bernd, I read the story (there was once a periodical "Flugzeug Classic" which I used to read). Lucky those, who have the opportunity to fly with such planes...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg