Sign in to follow this  
vector

Deleting fuel trigger problem

There is a fuel trigger in FranceVFR's Nantes-Atlantique LFRS airport that I am trying to delete.

ADE doesn't display the fuel trigger area in the AFCAD so I can't delete it there.  I therefore added the line "ShowTriggers=1" to the FS9.CFG file so that I can see the green bounding box for the trigger when I am positioned at the airport.  I have systematically removed every BGL file from the scenery folder thinking that the trigger would be in one of them somewhere but the green bounding box still shows.

Does anyone know what might trigger the trigger [sorry about that!!]?  It has to be somewhere but I'm going nuts here trying to find out.  Does anyone have any ideas I might try?

Ta! muchly

Dijvid

ADE will most certainly display the fuel trigger, once you find the right file.

Did you look for an afcad in ...\Scenery\World\scenery?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi Joe

Many thanks for your reply.

I've looked in the Scenery\World\Scenery location but there isn't any AFCAD there.  I didn't expect to find one as when I installed LFRS I did so to a location outside the sim and then manually copied over what I needed.

However, I think this has something to do with the stock airport for LFRS since if I delete that from the Scenery\Eurw\Scenery location then my problem seems to be solved.  This isn't a good thing to do though!!

My knowledge of scenery design is somewhat limited so I think I will just have to put up with the fuel trigger remaining in place.  It's no big deal as once I have moved away from the trigger I can, of course, alter the fuel levels to what I want.

Many thanks for your interest.

Dijvid

Hi Dijvid.

I think that if FranceVFR's afcad was created from scratch (not based on the stock), it may not completely suppress the stock airport.

I've found this problem with several addons, though it's usually generic buildings that show through.

It's necessary either to make a second afcad from the stock with parts of it removed just to suppress the original or, as you've implied, to remove the stock airport file. You can probably go as far as removing everything but the ARP. On the other hand, if you don't need the stock airports in that area there shouldn't be a problem with removing or renaming the relevant AP****.bgl, and that's much easier.

Best regards,

Dave

Thanks, Dave, for your reply.

Someone over at the ADE forum has given me some XML code to compile into an exclude BGL to see if that works.  If it doesn't then it's either just put up with the fuel trigger or remove the stock airport.

Dijvid

You're welcome.

I'd be interested in learning whether or not the code does the job.

If it doesn't, and you really do want all the other stock airports in that bgl, then as long as there aren't dozens of them it's not a big job to open them one by one in ADE and compile direct to individual bgl files, skipping LFRS. Choose 'Open airport from bgl' and select the relevant AP****.bgl. The 'Open Airport' dialogue box displays a tree listing all the fields in that bgl. As a bonus, you can delete all their triggers at the same time...

The new files can go in a new scenery layer or somewhere like ../Addon Scenery/Scenery.  You can then disable the AP****.bgl

D

I'd be interested in learning whether or not the code does the job.

Hi Dave

Yes, it does!

I've also learnt a bit more about the compiling options in ADE9X and creating new BGLs.

Many thanks also for the info on how to proceed if the code didn't work.

Dijvid