Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Does the new Flight1 GNS530 fit into old Carenado planes on P3D?

Does the new Flight1 GNS530 fit into old Carenado planes on P3D?  There are some really nice old Carenado aircraft that, on P3D, have their (coughs) default nav stuff.  It would be nice to have these airplanes with a decent nav system in P3D.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yes. I have it installed onto the Shike and the Do228 and they look and work Ok. Installed just the 2D pop-up via the F1 config tool, as it seems that integrating them into the VC cockpit is more complicated and will probably require modifying the model files. Nobody?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Does the new Flight1 GNS530 fit into old Carenado planes on P3D?  There are some really nice old Carenado aircraft that, on P3D, have their (coughs) default nav stuff.  It would be nice to have these airplanes with a decent nav system in P3D.

Gregg,

the new GNS530 works fine on all my Carenado aircraft. The easiest way is to install the RXP option (when included with the installer, of course) and then have the the Flight1 configurator replace it automatically. In some cases I have seen that manual tweaks are required, not a big deal, though. Flight1 is already working on a 1.1 version.

If you want my opinion about Pro-ATC/X and GNS530, then I will tell you: buy both and you will enjoy your GA aircraft with a decent ATC as you probably never did so far.

My two cents.

the new GNS530 works fine on all my Carenado aircraft. The easiest way is to install the RXP option (when included with the installer, of course) and then have the the Flight1 configurator replace it automatically.

Carenado has a tool that puts the RXP gauges in the dash.  I'm hoping it will work.

If you want my opinion about Pro-ATC/X and GNS530, then I will tell you: buy both and you will enjoy your GA aircraft with a decent ATC as you probably never did so far.
My two cents.

Yeah, I'm looking into Pro-ATC/X.  They really need a demo. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Carenado has a tool that puts the RXP gauges in the dash.  I'm hoping it will work.

Not in the older models, but definitely in all recent ones.

Which aircraft are you looking for a mod for?

Which aircraft are you looking for a mod for?

The C337 and the PA46 Malibu Mirage, mostly.

Gregg Seipp

I have neither one or the other, honestly, but I think that the procedure should be quite straighforward. If not me, Bert will surely be able to help you.

I have neither one or the other, honestly, but I think that the procedure should be quite straighforward. If not me, Bert will surely be able to help you.

I'd love to get either the 530 or the 750 in the dash.  I already have the 750 but I'm guessing the knobs would mess it up.  Honestly, they're both great airplanes.  The 337 was their last Avsim Gold Star...still one of the greats...could use a version 2 upgrade.  The Malibu Mirage is good except for the sound which I replaced.  Speedy piston, pressurized, climbs over mountains with ease, nice visibility.  As much as Carenado is into graphics, you'd think they'd do rain and ice effects on it.

Gregg Seipp

I'd love to get either the 530 or the 750 in the dash. 

You can even have both in the future. Flight1 is working on crossfill, which will be a game changer. It will not be free, though.

You can even have both in the future. Flight1 is working on crossfill, which will be a game changer. It will not be free, though.

I'll probably just stick with the 530.  I had the 430/530 with crossfill of the RXP...nice but, worth purchasing again?

Gregg Seipp