Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

FSX SE MyTraffic 6 Navaid / Airport Heading Updates issue

After applying the following Navaid and Airport updates (changes the runway headings due to magnetic variation).

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

When I installed MyTraffic 6 it changed the runway headings back to the default (PADQ RNY 26 changed back to 25) , as far as the navaids and ATC.  Is there any reason not to re-install the above updates?

Update:  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Navaid updates and now it doesn't change the runway, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The Navaid update only affects the default airports. MyT 6 provides updated airports which have more realistic numbers and types of gates than the default airports. You could disable specific MyT 6 airports by renaming them from bgl to bgl.orig.

Thanks for the reply...

So what you are saying is the MT 6 airports in the BGL load because it is higher in the Scenary list.  It seems like MT 6 should update their .BGL to represent the lastest changes navaid and airport heading, etc or have a way to deal with this issue.

Is there any other MT 6 user that has applied these changes sucessfully?

Thanks again!

I am just bumping this up so some one can hopefuly respond..

Thanks!

I doubt that anyone has been successful at applying the changes to MT6 since the the Sors navaid updates appear to only be looking at the default BGL files..

I would try unchecking the 'MyTraffic Professional' entry in the Scenery Library if the updated nav data is more important than the extra parking slots that MT6 provides.   You can always recheck it..

Ernie

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem