Sign in to follow this  

ProATC support: public apology

In the topic http://www.avsim.com/topic/496461-proatcx-star-problem-and-wrong-text-info/ a few posts led me to make some comments about the support of ProATC and specially the lack of it. I see now that if someone reads that topic it may look as if I am saying the support of ProATC sucks terribly. Well, I can tell you it doesn't. In various recent posts off mine about ProATC in other topics I am a lot more positive about ProATC and its support than in that specific topic, so I am trying to repair the possible damage done that way, but I think that isn't enough. Yesterday Pete Dowson posted this in the previously mentioned topic: "You seem to have got excellent support, and the answer! I think you should publish a retraction here!" and he is very right. Unfortunately the topic is locked in the meantime (on my own request). Hence this public apology in a seperate topic.

First of all I want to say that my comments gave the impression that ProATC didn't want to give me support, period. That was a wrong impression I gave. And I want to apologize for that. It was misleading. The fact was that I refused to adhere to one of their forum rules and hence chose all by myself to not receive support. ProATC wanted to give support alright but I didn't let them myself.

Secondly: even before that situation was resolved I received support on this forum already, specially from Jarkko, which shows they really do want to give full and excellent support.

Third: in the end I decided to accept their forum rules and this made me discover the support for ProATC on their own forum is absolutely excellent. In fact, it belongs to the best. They are very quick with replying and they really go the extra mile by checking out logs and explaining in great detail what might have gone wrong somewhere or how to solve things. Their support clearly is very time consuming but they do it anyway. BTW Their forum also is a good place to learn more about ProATC: I have added it to my (very short) list of forums I have to visit daily!

All in all I think a public apology is in place. Not receiving support for ProATC was entirely my own fault and the support I received from the ProATC guys was (and is) absolutely great, so: I sincerely apologize to the guys at ProATC for my negative comments and the harm they may have done. You guys are the best. And ProATC itself rocks too! Thanks for this great addon and the great support that comes with it.

Thank you Jeroen for posting this!

Support teams do not get to hear compliments all that often so this was very nice to hear :) More importantly, It's very good to hear that we could help you and and that you enjoy flying with ProATC.

Cheers!

It was the least I could do, Jarkko! ;) Support teams, specially volunteer ones, should be complimented more often, that's for sure...

Nice one Jeroen, well said mate. :good:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Nice move. You have been quite negative on ProATC/X on a number of occasions which I never really understood. Good that you are having a good time with it now...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Very good of you to post this clarification Jeroen. The quality of support is one of the most important features when I select a product...and not just with flight sim software. What was the forum rule that you objected to?

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I agree that ProATC support is excellent.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Thanks for the positive replies, all.

What was the forum rule that you objected to?

I know some (if not most) of you will find this odd but the rule I objected to was that you have to sign every post with your real full name. I had a few reasons why I didn't want to do that and also why I thought the rule was not needed on that specific forum but I don't want to start that discussion again LOL I have added my full name in my signature over there now so all is (very) good. ;)

some (if not most) of you will find this odd

I don't to start that discussion either. I will just say that with all the digital insecurities today, I agree with you. Enough said.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Touch of class Joroen

I have added my full name in my signature over there now so all is (very) good

I also have issues with that rule, but my reaction was the opposite: I participate in the Pro-ATC forum only when absolutely necessary and stay away otherwise. Notwithstanding this, their support is indeed excellent.

Peter