Sign in to follow this  
mgeiss

X-Plane Elite interface and Gizmo incompatibility?

I'm using the Elite AP-4000 avionics-stack to control radios, HDG/CRS bugs etc. The panels work fine with X-Planes vanilla aircraft and all non-Gizmo planes I have. However, when using the plugin with Gizmo-powered planes, there are differnt issues. Loading the IXEG will cause an instant CTD when the plane gets loaded, while the SAAB does work partially, but the plugin seems to be causing conflicts with some of the avionics (radios won't turn on while the GPS is usable and changing frequencies on the AP-4000 is correctly reflected by the GPS).

Is this a known issue?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Elite HW Interface uses standard X-Plane datarefs and commands. There is no special processing within the plugins. We have not tested with any 'Gizmo' planes as it would be impossible for us to test all add-on aircraft that are available.

I do not know how 'Gizmo' aircraft use datarefs or commands. I assume they have custom datarefs.

There are several configuration files in for the plugins that list all commands and datarefs that are used. They are located under the X-Plane plugins folder under ElitePlugins and ElitePluginFltCtrls. All configuration files have the file extension .cfg. You can change those if required (and we have some customers who have done this), but the change will be global, i.e. not specific to a certain aircraft. This means if you change aircraft frequently, this would not be useful.