Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Decent ATC addon?

So is it possible to have controllers/pilots (NOT chatter) talk with American/Canadian accents?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

So is it possible to have controllers/pilots (NOT chatter) talk with American/Canadian accents?

PF3 has three Canadian voices, twenty six US generic, four US mid Western, seven US northern and five US Southern.

That's 45 in all!

PF3 has three Canadian voices, twenty six US generic, four US mid Western, seven US northern and five US Southern.

That's 45 in all!

Actually worldwide it has  119 voice sets covering 26 geographic regions in the PF3 world

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

And what about ProATC?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I haven't seen a lot of talk about Pilot2ATC.  From people that have bought it, what's the consensus? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I haven't seen a lot of talk about Pilot2ATC.  From people that have bought it, what's the consensus? 

I am currently using P2A. It's good and getting better. Like VOX, P2A is in beta. The difference is, the developer of P2A is very engaged with his customers. There are updates weekly and sometimes sooner if there are issues to be dealt with. It's on a par with VOX. The one thing that it lacks at the moment is interaction with AI traffic although I believe it is on the list of things to do. It has a 10 day trial period so it won't cost you anything to take a look.

NAX669.png

And what about ProATC?

ProATC doesn't have that many voices, not even close. And not all included voices are as good as they should be. I always LOVED the default FSX/P3D voices and it was one of the reasons I didn't like ATC addons. But once you fly with the realistic ATC that ProATC offers the quality of the voices become a LOT less important. I now rather have great ATC and less great voices than the other way around. The voices don't bother me AT ALL anymore why I used to be utterly allergic for voices that weren't as good default ATC... P3F for instance may have great voices but everything you have to do yourself to get going takes all the fun out of it imho.

There is an option to add voices as a user somehow but I never looked into that. There is someone who is doing this and offers his work online (some 8 voices are available) and I believe the devs are looking at making this easier (somehow) so I suppose the amount of voices will get higher but I can't guarantee it.

ProATC doesn't have that many voices, not even close. And not all included voices are as good as they should be. I always LOVED the default FSX/P3D voices and it was one of the reasons I didn't like ATC addons. But once you fly with the realistic ATC that ProATC offers the quality of the voices become a LOT less important. I now rather have great ATC and less great voices than the other way around. The voices don't bother me AT ALL anymore why I used to be utterly allergic for voices that weren't as good default ATC... P3F for instance may have great voices but everything you have to do yourself to get going takes all the fun out of it imho.

There is an option to add voices as a user somehow but I never looked into that. There is someone who is doing this and offers his work online (some 8 voices are available) and I believe the devs are looking at making this easier (somehow) so I suppose the amount of voices will get higher but I can't guarantee it.

So creating and importing a flightplan is no fun apparently! Once you have set up a flight plan it can be retrieved as often as you like with one click. Also PF3 avoids ending up with the wrong SIDs STARs as can happen with Proatc.

So creating and importing a flightplan is no fun apparently! Once you have set up a flight plan it can be retrieved as often as you like with one click. Also PF3 avoids ending up with the wrong SIDs STARs as can happen with Proatc.

Not again... Your responses are getting kind of repetitive...

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

vololiberista, on 25 Oct 2016 - 8:26 PM, said:snapback.png

carlito777Not again... Your responses are getting kind of repetitive...

So what objection do you have? Don't you like setting up your own flightplans? Or don't you have the patience as your remark suggests!!

vololiberista, on 25 Oct 2016 - 8:26 PM, said:snapback.png

So what objection do you have? Don't you like setting up your own flightplans? Or don't you have the patience as your remark suggests!!

Seriously...

To each his own. :wink: No, I don't like creating plans and having to add specific information as PF3 requires. You make is sound if I am a bad person and a lousy pilot because I don't like to figure out SIDs and STARs and everything else PF3 requires you to figure out yourself (often things a pilot doesn't have to do at all) and because I have no patience to figure that all out. I am very happy you do like it and that you enjoy PF3 so much and that you have so much patience to figure everything out! Everyone should do whatever that person likes most! So what's your problem with me having fun doing it my way? Is it so bad to not like setting up flightplans and lacking the patience for it and to use an ATC addon that offers me a realistic experience in a realistic way too (without having to figure out things I shouldn't)? This has nothing to do with the ATC addons themselves: maybe you should get back on topic. :wink:

Just found the site which is offering new voices with specific accents for ProATC: http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

There's sounds for AI aircraft too btw, never looked into that myself...

Edited by Canuck

Having used many hundreds of flight plans when I was flying with Pro ATC, the vast majority of them I got from sites like Online Flightplanner, Simbrief and Skyvector. Many times the plans I got using PATC were not that good, didn't look at terrain issues or airspace issues at all. The system I use 100% of the time now for my IFR flight plans is Skyvector, and then after the plan is generated by Skyvector, I quickly load it into Plan G. Plan G has an export function that exports the plan into the sim you are flying, and then I select the plan with PF3. This entire process takes me at most about 5 minutes, and the plans all work correctly, every flight. Adding a Sid and Star is really easy, but frankly, I fly almost always into small airports that don't even use sids and stars. Vector me to the ILS, or RNav approach or even a visual, which PF3 does every time. If I want to do a Sid or Star, spending a few minutes on Skyvector, and looking at the charts, which is what one would do in real world flying, makes it easy to use them, if one wants to. 

Just found the site which is offering new voices with specific accents for ProATC: http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

Yup, and one of them is mine.  :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If I want to do a Sid or Star, spending a few minutes on Skyvector, and looking at the charts, which is what one would do in real world flying, makes it easy to use them, if one wants to.

Well, I have problems with it, maybe I am not the brightest guy around, :wink: but apart from that afaik an airline pilot doesn't plans a flight himself so figuring out SIDs and STARs and transitions isn't part of his daily job. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you have specialized persons for that (flight dispatcher?). If you like to do this, that's perfectly fine, or course, but I am extemely happy how ProATC handles this for me, in a realistic way. But even if pilots would do all this, I am not a fan of planning flights and figuring everything out: I am glad I can simply enter the company route into the MCDU and get going. Again, as I said, to each his own! :wink: It's great we have all these options!

Yup, and one of them is mine. :wink:

I added 'you' to ProATC last weekend and its always a pleasure to hear you, Bob! :wink:

Creating a flight plan in Pro-ATC/X is a one-minute issue. No matter where and how I get the flight plan from (Skyvector, PFPX, SimLauncherX, flightaware, flightradar24, whatever), all I have to do is manually copying it into the Edit flight plan field, adjust as required (which occasionally may include adding "DCT" between two waypoints not connected by an airway) and go. That's all. I never add SIDs and STARs to the flight plan and let the ATC decide based on weather, as I find this more realistic and challenging. The flight plan is saved and I can retrieve it as many times as I want. I often fly the same flight plan and I receive different departure runways and different STARs and approaches as expected.

Also, as I have been repeating for some days, Pro-ATC/X now automatically exports the flight plan, including SIDs, STARs and vectors, into the simulator flight plan or into the liner's FMC at the Clearance. This is a major step forward, in my view.

All in all, Pro-ATC/X is not perfect, but I am mostly satisfied and can recommend the product.

• Upvote 2