Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Decent ATC addon?

I've seen videos of landing at Singapore with chatter in the background of Manchester Airport UK.

Like explained 7 posts up. This is not interaction between AI and ATC, but generic real world ATC chatter. User can choose to have the generic ATC chatter on or off (will not affect interaction between ATC and AI).

• Upvote 1

Did my second flight tonight. Without the copilot touching anything, which was not missed. Still ran all the checklists but I don't think I will use that too much either. Again on final approach, with gear down, copilot called for gear up. Because he is not controlling it, the gear stayed down at least. Seems that this is hard coded, regardless of situation. If the gear is up, he calls for down, if it is down, he calls for gear up. That must be a bug?

Anyway, gots SID and STAR this time, so getting to grips with it. Now to find out how to turn off the default P3D ATC which does it's own thing in the background.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

If the gear is up, he calls for down, if it is down, he calls for gear up. That must be a bug?
Anyway, gots SID and STAR this time, so getting to grips with it. Now to find out how to turn off the default P3D ATC which does it's own thing in the background.

I would advise that you would be join the official support forum. These questions have been covered there. Thanks!

Go to Settings, go to the Sound tab, untick Voice or (as I do) lower the volume to zero.

PFPX and ProATC's flight planner are two different things. ProATC's "flight planner" is more like an IFR flight plan entry form with the added possibility of generating a route for you. I personally don't use routes generated by ProATC, because using real world routes gives you better results. Real routes have been validated and optimized by a human, which also makes ProATC work better.

For fuel planning, takeoff and landing calculations, route validation, optimal flight level calculation and so on, PFPX is the tool you want (if the aircraft's that you fly are supported by PFPX).

In addition: it all depends how far and realistic you want to go and how much time you want to spend on all this. I actually own PFPX but haven't got it installed (for over a year). The ProATC plans work perfectly fine for me and are created within seconds (which is how I like it LOL). And for fuel, takeoff, etc, I simply use the loadmanager of the Aerosoft Airbus. Works like a charm. I can imagine someone using and loving PFPX but personally I clearly can do without it. It certainly isn;t mandatory but it can add a nice touch of realism. (But for me there is a limit to the realism I want... After spending ages getting PFPX plans validated I simply decided to uninstall the darned addon LOL The OFP's are nice but in the end I never looked at it, specially after I started to use the Airbus load manager.)

Again on final approach, with gear down, copilot called for gear up. Because he is not controlling it, the gear stayed down at least. Seems that this is hard coded, regardless of situation. If the gear is up, he calls for down, if it is down, he calls for gear up. That must be a bug?

this is a bug in 1.8.5 ....it used to work correctly. i think it has to do with taking off from airports that have a high elevation (>2000 or something) and then landing at one that doesn't. the gear calls don't happen at all if both airports have high elevations and it seems to work fine if they both have low ones. not really sure what's going on with that, there's a thread about that particular bug on their forum though.

As you said, "everything has something". Ideal would be a software that had all the features of all the ATC addons together in one place.

so true!

cheers

-andy crosby

copilot called for gear up.

I'd turn that option off as well if I were you. If you want an artificial copilot giving you prompts there are much better alternatives.

ProATC/X is a good ATC program. The rest of the facilities have tended to fall a bit by the wayside in pursuit of good ATC. And that's what I bought it for in any case! ;-)

Pete

• Upvote 3

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I'd turn that option off as well if I were you. If you want an artificial copilot giving you prompts there are much better alternatives.

ProATC/X is a good ATC program. The rest of the facilities have tended to fall a bit by the wayside in pursuit of good ATC. And that's what I bought it for in any case! ;-)

Pete

Agreed 1000%. I think it would have been better if these bonus options were left out of the program completely. I wouldn't mind the if dev removed all this and would focus on the ATC alone (although I don't think these options received much attention lately...).

Just get you up and running faster, you could try copying my options that I've been happy with when flying advanced aircraft's: https://youtu.be/2GtYTNoHkt0?t=1m56s

Thanks Jarkko, enjoyed watching your video. Impressive!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

In addition: it all depends how far and realistic you want to go and how much time you want to spend on all this. I actually own PFPX but haven't got it installed (for over a year). The ProATC plans work perfectly fine for me and are created within seconds (which is how I like it LOL). And for fuel, takeoff, etc, I simply use the loadmanager of the Aerosoft Airbus. Works like a charm. I can imagine someone using and loving PFPX but personally I clearly can do without it. It certainly isn;t mandatory but it can add a nice touch of realism. (But for me there is a limit to the realism I want... After spending ages getting PFPX plans validated I simply decided to uninstall the darned addon LOL The OFP's are nice but in the end I never looked at it, specially after I started to use the Airbus load manager.)

I want to go hardcore. Looked up what PFPX offers and it seems to be very hardcore, particularly those wind charts you get in the flight briefing package. Is it possible to copy a route from flightaware into PFPX just like you can do with ProATCX?

Just took a first look at ProATCX btw. Didn't do a flight yet but played around with it at the gate and I'm delighted with what I've spend my money on :) Just can't get the ATIS to work...

Navigraph sub purchased as well, first time I've updated my NGX's FMC too.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just can't get the ATIS to work...

There is no ATIS, you will need the default ATC playing in the background for that or listen to the ATIS from ASN/AS16

The flight plan info is your digital ATIS (D-ATIS).

The ProATC inflight also has an option to show the weather but maybe you only get that with a weather addon linked...? I use AS16.

And concerning the Navigraph sub: you don't really need a sub, you can also buy one cycle. That's what I always do. As long as all addons use the same cycle it doesn't matter if it's old or not. But well, if you want to go hardcore a sub sounds logic... ;)

And concerning the Navigraph sub: you don't really need a sub, you can also buy one cycle. That's what I always do. As long as all addons use the same cycle it doesn't matter if it's old or not. But well, if you want to go hardcore a sub sounds logic... ;)

I've purchased the 30 day FMS data.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The ProATC inflight also has an option to show the weather but maybe you only get that with a weather addon linked...? I use AS16.

Yea, I usually just update navdata when I pick up a new high end aircraft. So I usually update once every year or two. 

So I usually update once every year or two.

Yes thats what I do, monthly airac installs are way overkill - in the sim doesn't make a jot of difference provided all your addons have the same airac.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."