Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Decent ATC addon?

I have noticed PF3 has had a major update last month and wonder how much the negative opinions on PF3 has changed as a result. Any comments?

I have noticed PF3 has had a major update last month and wonder how much the negative opinions on PF3 has changed as a result. Any comments?

I had it before the update and didn't really notice any problems. Since the update, I have flown many flights and the ATC has been excellent. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I listen to Heathrow ATC a lot. From its 4 holding points its ATC vectors all the way to touchdown and its a constant marvel to me how they create that daisy chain of aircraft in the sky. Can you configure PF3 to provide 'vectors only' at destination?

Can you configure PF3 to provide 'vectors only' at destination?

Affirmative.

You can choose for each flight if you will be vectored or not. And there's a nice little tool to randomize this choice if you like that.

Affirmative.

You can choose for each flight if you will be vectored or not. And there's a nice little tool to randomize this choice if you like that.

And the vectoring I get has been 100% spot on, even in difficult areas like Salt Lake City. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Another question re PF3 - can you import flight plans from PFPX ?

Any files that can also be read by FS9, FSX and P3D

This thread has been silent for quite some time obviously but I thought I'd post some experience from my flights with ProATCX, for those interested.

To be honest, I'm not overly impressed. While the voices and general user interface is good, in-flight it keeps messing up. On almost every flight I did it kept giving me weird vectors, seemingly back to a waypoint at the very beginning of the flight plan because for some reason it didn't realize I was already well beyond that waypoint. When I requested direct to the next waypoint it kept calling me American even though I was United and told me to descent to a FL I hadn't even passed yet. For this reason I ended up flying most of the flights where I used ProATCX without any ATC.

Right now I'm on my way to Chicago but without ATC again because it crashed and I can't re-establish ATC communications mid-flight.

Looks like I'll be looking into PF3...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

This thread has been silent for quite some time obviously but I thought I'd post some experience from my flights with ProATCX, for those interested.

To be honest, I'm not overly impressed. While the voices and general user interface is good, in-flight it keeps messing up. On almost every flight I did it kept giving me weird vectors, seemingly back to a waypoint at the very beginning of the flight plan because for some reason it didn't realize I was already well beyond that waypoint. When I requested direct to the next waypoint it kept calling me American even though I was United and told me to descent to a FL I hadn't even passed yet. For this reason I ended up flying most of the flights where I used ProATCX without any ATC.

Right now I'm on my way to Chicago but without ATC again because it crashed and I can't re-establish ATC communications mid-flight.

I think you will enjoy PF3.  I have been using it for a couple of months now, and all my flights are very well done, ATC wise. The immersion for me, is much more realistic than PATC was. 

Is there a possibility there is something wrong on your end? I ask because you mentioned that ProATcX calls you with a different callsign and that has to be set up in the options.

For me Pro ATC/X has been working perfect.

I do like PF3 but I don't like the fact that you have to manually input your altitudes for SID/STARS among other things. I wish the author could add support to Navigraph.

I have correctly selected my callsign. It was after requesting direct to the next waypoint it started to call me with a completely different callsign and giving me instructions which make no sense.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I see. Hopefully you can get squared out. Maybe a visit to their support forums is in order. Probably you have already done that.

I do like PF3 but I don't like the fact that you have to manually input your altitudes for SID/STARS among other things. I wish the author could add support to Navigraph.

It takes no more than a few seconds to do that. And once done it is remembered.  So it's no big deal.

I recently purchased P2ATC (for XPlane since I already used ProATC for P3D). I'm really impressed it's loaded with features such as a nice flight planner, satellite maps, etc., and using the microphone is fun. support is great too with frequent updates.